Vista and CIS

I was running CIS with no problem.
Because i was infected with an msn virus(?) i had format my vista and reinstall it again!
First thing i do after everything was ok was to install CIS…
Reboot and vista hangs…
I went to safe mode and remove CIS and after that boot was sucessfull.
Any ideia why?

Vista Business 32bit

Did you change anything of CIS settings that you can recall? Sometimes a second boot helps to get over a hiccup with CIS.

Are you willing to give it one more try? Do a manual clean up first as described here: https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_help/update_failed-t37789.0.html;msg270870#msg270870 .

But since this happens after i made a clean vista instalation, isn’t that strange?

It is odd CIS had a serious hiccup after clean install. It has been reported that people sometimes had to boot twice to get CIS to work. That is why I suggested to give CIS one more chance. And to make sure you have a clean slate when reinstalling I suggested the manual clean up.

If you are willing please install CIS again and let us know how things go.

Hello again.
I made up all steps you recomended and even removed spyboot,Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (just in case) and avast also!
I clean up registry with comodo tool and boot it again… and it hangs!
After a few no sucessfull boots, i removed comodo suite and installed only firewall and it’s ok now… i had Comodo firewall runnig up…

Any ideias?

I had Vista 32 business with sp1 on it!
CIS Version: CIS_Setup_3.8.65951.477_XP_Vista_x32

Scratching my head… What other security related and disk management software do you have installed?

I had CIS (firewall + antivirus) + spybot + malware.
After the first problems i use avast + zonealarm firewall…

On the moment i was able to have Como Firewall, i removed it all…

I had the same issue, though COMODO ignored me.

Did you install with your AV active? Sometimes this can cause installation errors causing CIS to not load/function properly.

Personally I think it’s time to stop the B.S guys (sorry about the accronyn). Which takes me directly to my point. Time to stop the ■■■■. Live up to your respective reputations and realize compromise “There is such a thing if you take the time”. No one person is totally correct and each should realize their own miss-givings and “relent” . Give some considerations to others thoughts and consider them. I personnally do not have any conception as to what CIS is, but would appreciate someone informing me. After reading ten pages of nonsense that had no meaning to me personally, I found it imperseptive to follow the conversations with any clarity. Sounded like a chicken coup with all the chickens clucking at once and nothing being accomplished whatsoever. Please resolve your differences and accomplish something worthwhile, in other words GROW-UP, stop the bickering and realize your potential. Monetary gains will follow if they are legitamate and worthy of your efforts. Both of you need to reconsider your stand, I admonish the negativity and hope you both have the intellect to realize there is no clear way when society is so diverse and devious. Ther will always be challenges we all need to face and an old addage still suffices “together we stand, devide we fall”.
Skynard

Topic Locked

Please do not post in old topics which are out of date.

Thank you

Dennis