Viruscope works if Autosandbox/HIPS is disabled?

its probably not worth testing the new features in CIS against malware yet. They have to build there database of urls and VC recognizers. Remember they are starting from scratch so it isnt blocking much yet.

I know but did a little test.

And during update (I did manual update) Viruscope update failed & about screen Viruscope was blank. I tried the update again & it succeeded & Viruscope showed recognizer. This was not an initial update. It was an incremental update.

I was able to provoke the Web Filtering but couldn’t get any popups from Viruscope. I guess i wasn’t launching the right malware…

What do you mean by provoke web filtering?

Tried to open malware link and CIS blocked it.

CIS blocks malware links but doesn’t notify/neither block screen message on browser as I mentioned in my previous post.
Did CIS notified you?

It was a message within the webpage about the blocked item, not a popup on desktop.

Strange, in my 2 tests it blocked quite a few websites but no notification/neither block message within webpage.
I only knew that web filter works & blocked webpages when I checked logs. Otherwise I thought that malware links were not working.