Virus test for CAVS

today, i was did some virus check test with CAVS.

you can do the test from below URL too:

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

unfortunately, CAVS did not pass all of tests.

The most thing that i can not belive is: CAVS can not recognize the virus file when i download it.

Symantec Anti-Virus program can prevent the file when I download it.

I hope CAVS design team can improve CAVS. So, I can trust CAVS 100%.

you should add BoClean to your defense ammunition. :wink:
A standalone virusscanner isn’t always effective because it can miss some, BoClean detects en deletes malware before it even can open itself (R)

1. those virus file just the test file. CAVS can not detected when i download them.
  2. I hope CAVS can detect and remove the virus files, not other tool. Because that’s CAVS responsibility.

what every, thanks for your suggestion. and when i did the test, the BOClean was running…

Maybe you should send a ticket, this is a great problem if what you say is right :frowning:
Send a ticket and keep me informated :wink:

Hello alaertsxan,

how can i send a ticket for this case?

just now, i was try to download the virus test file “eicar.com” and named it “eicar(3).com”.

after that, double click that file, CAVS pop up the window of HIPS Application Control Alert ask me what i like to do.
after i clik Allow button, that virus file running successfully.

I would like provide all of related things to you or other person for resolve this kind of issues.

and I think you can do the test from http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm. you can get same result.

Denver

You can do it here → CONTACT US - Comodo: Cloud Native Cyber Security Platform ← here

I submitted also a ticket so I hope they will fix it soon, Tnx for posting this like this we can make the world free of virusses

Don’t forget (CNY)

OK, i’l do it right now.
:slight_smile:

thanks,
Denver

I sent the ticket. and I’l update this problem information at here.

I’m a little new to CAVS but I have noticed some shortcomings on detection.
Missing a “test virus” isn’t a make or break deal but I am concerned about the real threats it misses.
The purchase of BOClean’s library should give CAV’s the resources to help increase it’s detection level at some point.
Hopefully sooner than later.

I’ve tested the files again and now CAVS blockes it.
At last they do something about it after sending 5 tickets :-\

I’m not having much success in mail submissions myself. :-[
It’s been over a week on several submissions I’ve sent in and they’re still not detected. ???

CAVS has a brand new engine we are working on and all the sigs are going into that :slight_smile: Bear with us for a while… we don’t disappoint :wink:

Melih

Heh, I should have figured you had something up your sleeve… I missed the memo. ;D
Appreciate the follow up!
(L)

CAVS has a brand new engine we are working on and all the sigs are going into that :) Bear with us for a while.. we don't disappoint ;)

Melih

Hmmmm, I searched for other antivirus testers and found this one (see attachement)
:-\ Yesterday the test were running and the antivirus totally failed, today the first test is actually blocked :).
But the 3 other test just pass the antivirus like nothing :frowning:

P.S. I already sended a ticket

File attachment removed by Mod…

alaertsxan

I’d feel a lot better about your post if you posted a URL rather than the actual thing (ZIP). I’ve not downloaded it, but are you actually allowed to distribute it? Often you are not.

I'd feel a lot better about your post if you posted a URL rather than the actual thing (ZIP)
Here you go, http://www.simtel.net/product.php[id]56121[sekid]0[SiteID]simtel.net (I putted the link there before but it didn't work :()
I've not downloaded it, but are you actually allowed to distribute it? Often you are not.
Sure I can ;)

Seems like the downloadlink isn’t working again :frowning:

OK, I’ve now downloaded it… this may sound silly… but you must removed that ZIP from the BB, even if it means deleting your original post to do it. It is copyrighted material, which means you need the written consent of the copyright holders to post it here. It is what you agreed when you became a member here…

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.

So, please remove it. Thank you.

You can easily remove the attachment… Modify - Additional Options - uncheck filename of attachment. Save.

Edit: Sorry I couldn’t wait any longer. I removed the file attachment.
2nd Edit: Merged into 1 post to minimize off-topic posts.

CAVS flopped again on the PC Security Test 2007 :-
Downloadable here http://www.pc-st.com/us/download.htm

Nice to know that your protected 88)

That’s CAVS today, it can’t compete with the best. I guess it’s because Comodo puts most effort into the v.3 firewall now. But hang on, when BOClean is integrated with CAVS, things will change in the world of computer security. Comodo firewall 3 will be a revolution, CAVS (3?) will be an evolution… I think.

/LA