virus signature not up to date

I just upgraded to CIS 6.2 over the weekend, and when I came home from work I noticed the yellow icon and a warning that virus signature is not up to date. I clicked on fix it about 30 min ago and it still says check for signature updates. I don’t think this is right … how can this be fixed?

Please post a screenshot showing your virus database version.

Thanks, how do I post a screenshot. It seems I cannot just paste it in here. The database version is 16475.

Actually, I guess I didn’t need a screenshot, just the database version. I’m currently at 16486.

Please try running the diagnostics and see if they report any errors.

I can’t find the diagnostics under general or advanced tasks … where are they hiding?

Hi merlin666,
Click on the question mark in the top right corner of the home screen in the GUI, this opens a little context menu and scroll down to diagnostics.
Title bar controls

Thank you - “Diagnostics did not find any errors”

Do you receive any error messages when manually updating?
There is another update issue in the link below.
Install Signatures error

I haven’t merged the two, because if you are not receiving error messages the two issues are different.

Thank you.

There are no errors, it’s just stuck with task: check for signature updates (for about 4 hours now).

This seems to be an ongoing problem. I usually keep my computer running with very long jobs going and it goes into sleep mode if not used, and after a day or so the update is not working any longer and hangs at various stages. Right now it has been stuck at “Download Signatures - In progress (50%)” for a few days, and the exclamation mark shows that signatures are not up to date. If I re-boot the update works again.

I have tried to shut down CIS, but this does not help. Is there a way to manually download and install signature updates until this bug has been fixed?

This is an ongoing and consistent issue here for two months now - the signature update ONLY works after a re-boot but not after the laptop sits idle for a while, so after two days I am out of date. Someone please help as I am at my wits end, or move this to bug reports. Thanks.

Same problems here, for some time ago. The only way is the manual way by downloading and copying the file and naming the previous as old. If I use FIX IT or UPDATE it says updates are ready but never installs them, only starts counting the time to close the window

I´m getting tired of this after many uninstals and installs etc.

http://s13.postimg.org/daobv1aev/comodo.jpg

http://s13.postimg.org/89gxto2yf/comodo_nothing.jpg

Edit by Dennis2: I removed the spam like notification that your image was from a image sharing site

Please try reinstalling it by following the advice I give in this topic. This should be able to solve your problems.

If it does not please let me know and we can look into creating a bug report for it.

Thanks.

Did that just before my message -although didn’t install in safe mode, so once again tomorrow
Good night ( 00.45 am local )

Matti

I think I should do a clean install of my OS and all someday, too tired for that now or near days as I use a lot of programs and installing all of them would take couple of days or many hours straight
Anyways it didn’t work so far , this cleaning and installing again -maybe 4th time I`ve done it

Matti

Perhaps this is then related to some other program on your computer. Please list all other security and maintenance programs currently installed on your computer.

Also, did you run the cleanup programs for all other AV software which was installed at one time but is now removed?

Thanks.

The only other security program installed is MBAM as a backup for emergency scans, it is not running in the background. There were no other security programs on this computer, except previous versions of CIS. They did not have this problem. Essentially, after the laptop goes into sleep mode the updater hangs at various stages - sometimes at the signature check update, sometimes at 33.3%, sometimes at 50%. Stopping all CIS related processes and restarting CIS does not help. The only solution I have found so far is a re-boot of the system.

This sounds like a bug to me reading this and the before…

Unless somebody else has new angle I would say please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I’ve had the same issue - it will sit there forever saying “check for signature updates”.

I found a way of making it work. I went to task manager, looked in processes and stopped “dragonupdater.exe” and then it progressed. No idea if it will work properly but there is definitely something that doesn’t work properly about the updates.