virus signature database not updating

I have the free version of Comodo Internet Security (antivirus & firewall) and for over a week, I’ve been unable to update the virus signature database. It tells me it’s never been updated (version 0), then when I go to update it, it gets stuck at 30% and hours later, it’s still on 30%. There may have been 1 or 2 times where it said to restart to finish updating (maybe that was the Comodo itself?) but when I restarted, it tells me it’s never been updated. I’ve tried uninstalling & reinstalling more than once, updating more than once, and even tried the “cleanup tool” posted in the forums.

Before I uninstall this product and try another free antivirus & firewall program(s), is there something else you can suggest?

I’m using CIS 3.13.126709.581 (av & firewall) and my computer uses Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 3, and I’m on dial-up AOL.

Thanks for your help.

Follow Where can i download the latest full AV database?. The url provides resuming so you can use a download manager.

After installing the bases.cav as described you will get some incremental updates but they aren’t that much.