Virus signature database- Manual update and a small glitch...

Hi,

I have today updated to CIS 3.13.125662.579… I have a relatively slow Internet Connection so I opted to Manually update the Virus Signature Database (VSDB) 3482… as per the instructions suggested, from:
Original Link (96MB):
http://download.comodo.com/av/updates313/sigs/bases/BASE_END_USER_v3482.cav

The instruction read, “Your AV database should be the latest full, and should only need to do an incremental update for the latest updates released after this full”. However, the INCREMENTAL UPDATE went on to download 97MB… i,e it downloaded the whole file all over again, wasting my time which I thought I would save by doing a manual update.

Is this normal? If it is then what is the use of Manually Updating?..If it is not, then what do you think I did incorrectly? (This is not the first time I have downloaded VSDB manually and it worked perfectly before).

I have read somewhere in these forums that Virus database is switching to some older version of VSDB… How should I check the version of the VSDB installed on my PC?

Please Help…

Yesterday a new bases.cav was released by the av updater and would update teh database to version number 3516 to solve some inconsistencies when updating. It was announced in Complete Base Replcaement AV Update Released : V3516.

Ronny had not adapted the url you used. As a consequence you unfortunately made two big downloads.

What is your current AV data base version number and the version number of CIS? Look under Miscellaneous → About. At the time of writing is the latest database 3526.The latest version of CIS is 3.13.126709.581.

When trying to update does it still download 97 MB or are things settled by now?

I changed the url in the FAQ topic so nobody else will accidentally download an old bases.cav.

Ok…

Yes, my CIS version is 3.3.126709.581, however Virus Signature Database Version is 3532 and not 3526 as you quoted in your reply.
(“About. At the time of writing is the latest database 3526.The latest version of CIS is 3.13.126709.581”).

The setup file downloaded from the Comodo website though still reads CIS_Setup_3.13.125662.579_XP_Vista_x32…

There have been no further issues while updating the virus database…

Thanks for the clarification…