Virus Seems To Have Attacked My Anti-Virus & Firewall

Yes I know its weird thing to say, but I got a windows error, and I had to restart my computer. When I did my AntiVirus (AVIRA) kept trying to update itself. Kept trying to turn it off and It wouldnt. Also I noticed Comodo didnt show in my systray but it was shown as running in the task manager.

Couldnt seem to stop it so i ran my computer in safe mode and i was able to uninstall AVIRA, but couldnt Uninstall Comodo. I installed a new AV (AVAST) and was able to run a scan. I also ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and i found some things and i was able to get it back to normal. However I still cant get comodo to show on the systray.

I’m pretty sure its compromised by the attack, since i cant seem to uninstall it. when i try to uninstall it with: (windows/add/remove, or CCleaner/tools/remove or Revo Uninstaller or CIS Clean Up Tool) I get the following error message:

“The Uninstaller has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate an error with this package. The error code is 2318.”

I’m not sure what to do. I still want comodo in my system, but im not sure how to get it back to what it was. do i just delete the folder and reinstall after wards or do I perform some other procedure?

I’m on Windows XP. Thanks in advanced.

This is a very useful post that may be of some assistance.

What You Need To Know About Removing Infections and Securing Your Computer