Virus or not

Hi Guys
Just need some advice from anyone. I recently started getting redirects in Firefox and Im not sure what is causing it. This has only started when I downloaded a program and went to install. CIS told me it was a virus and I immediately cleaned it and deleted it.

I have tried CIS full scan, CCE full scan, Spybot S & D and Superantispyware. CIS found nothing, CCE found a couple of entries, S & D found 6 entries and Superantispyware found nothing. The redirect still happens after all these scans and on top of all this I cant boot into safe mode, I end up with a quick flash of blue screen then boots to normal windows.

I have a HP Pavilion DM4 64bit 8 meg ram running windows 7 ultimate. If any one has any ideas how to stop these redirects pleeeeeease let me know.

Regards
Sven

Make a scan with MBAM and Hitman Pro.

Tried malwarebytes but didn’t work. It did find 1 trojan and 2 rootkits. Any other thoughts?
Sven

Do I understand that Malwarebytes could not remove the trojan and rootkits it found? Or did it not solve the problem of redirecting?

Did you try Hitman Pro?

Does TDSS Killer find rootkit activity? Does Gmer found rootkit activity? Can you post a screenshot of the Gmer scan results?

You could try using the ‘Tools’ option in Killswitch and select ‘Quick Repair’ and see if your ‘Hosts’ and ‘SafeMode’ are broken.

You can start Firefox in safe mode and see if it still redirects…

You can also ‘reset’ Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information…

[attachment deleted by admin]

In addition I would advise that you follow the advice I give in my article about How to Know If Your Computer Is Infected to make sure that there are not still any active infections.

As long as there are no active malicious processes then I would think that the advice given by BoredNow should be able to fix the problem.