virus not found by comodo internet security 3.8.65951.477

hi when i try to open my window drive(c:) using double click… it displays C:\RECYCLER\1-5-37-…
THIS IS A VIRUS… WHEN I USED MY PEN DRIVE IN MY FRIEND’S PC,AVAST FOUND VIRUS AND IT WAS THE SAME RECYCLER… ALSO 108 ERROR IS ALWAYS SHOWN BY COMODO INTERNET SECURITY WHILE UPDATING US OPTION UPDATES IN MISCLENEOUS MENU OF ANTIVIRUS… ERROR SAYS UPDATE COUL NOT BE DONE… PLS. CHECK UR INTERENET CONNECTION

Three suggestions :

1. Update to latest 3.9 version of CIS. I think the virus updations to 3.8 is stopped or is in the brink of getting stopped.

2. Following these instructions to submit the file
    https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/how_to_report_false_positivessuspicious_files_how_to_submit_them-t36051.0.html

3. AFAIK, by default CIS does not check files in recycle. Check this Open CIS>Antivirus>Scanner Settings>Exclusions.

Did you see recycler there??? If yes, remove it and test again to see whether it is being picked up. If the answer still is no, try to submit it by following method at 2 above.

It’s quite common for malware to place its file sinside recycle bin. Especially on non patched systems…

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Like layman stated, please update to CIS 3.9. You can uninstall 3.8 and reinstall the latest version from here. CIS 3.8 signatures are not compatible with 3.9 signatures.

Also, this might help with your infection.