Virus Definitions NOT Auto Updating

Hi

Need some help, my virus definitions are not auto updating. I can do it manually no problem.

I have Automatically check for updates ticked and program updates set at 1 day, database updates set at 6 hours.

The two boxes starting with “DO NOT CHECK FOR UPDATES…” are NOT ticked.

Last update was 23 hours ago at the time of this post (a manual one) This was done after I got an amber alert viris definitions not up to date.

Can anyone help resolve this issue please.

Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit, CIS free latest version v6.0.264710.2708 virus database 15544,

Thanks

Terry

At this moment I have 15556, do you still have 15544?

Hi Chiron

Yes I still have 15544 and the "last updated has moved to 1 day.

Thanks

Terry

Please try moving the database update to every 1 hour and see what happens. Be sure to not run any scans, either scheduled or manual, or manually update the virus database. Please let us know if it ever updates itself automatically, especially when set to such a small time frame.

Also, does running the diagnostics find any problems?

Hi Chiron

Thanks for your continuing help, much appreciated.

How and where do I run diagnostics from?

Terry

Hi TerryWood,
Click on the question mark in the top right corner of the GUI and hover over support, then click on diagnostics.
Diagnostics

Hi Captainsticks

Thanks for that.

Ran diagnostics. Showed no problem. As requested earlier I have changed frequency to one hour.

Awaiting further advice.

Thank you for your help

Terry

Do you have an entry for ’ Comodo Signature update’ in Windows Task Scheduler

Open Windows start menu, type Task Scheduler into the search bar and enter.

Hi CaptainSticks

There are a number of Comodo entries in Task Scheduler as per the attached image.

Can you tell me if this is what u are referring to.

Thanks

Terry

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi TerryWood,
Yes and it all looks fine to me.

If you double click the third entry down (Signature update), this will open a new window and in that window you will find a history tab this will at least tell you some history of its actions.

Also in case the task is corrupt in some way you could right click and delete the task.
Then go back into the GUI make sure your update settings are set to your preference and OK the Advanced settings, the task will then be re-created.

Hi Captainsticks

Will do and will report back

Thanks

Terry

Hi CaptainSticks

I deleted the Task Scheduler entry for Comodo virus update and checked that it was recreated. I did a reboot just in case. It was recreated. I also checked to see that the update config was still correct. It was.

At the moment I am still not getting virus signature updates.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Terry

Hi TerryWood,
Something appears out of whack, I would consider trying re-install and see if that fixes the issue.
The guide below kindly posted by Moderator Chiron is worth a look if you decide to re-install.
Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems

Hi CaptainSticks

First thank you and all other participants for your help, it was very useful.

I promised I would give an update. I have been able to get Comodo updater worker, although it isn’t as transparent or obvious as Avast. I know it is working because a) the sometimes long “last update” shows a drop in time, b) I am checking the database number in help and comparing it with the website.

The problem was with the Task Scheduler itself I was getting an error message which is well known in Microsoft forums.

So I re-imaged and re-installed CIS, now I am up and running.

Thanks again to all

Terry

You are welcome, glad to hear that you have found the problem. :-TU