Virus database version still 994

Hi,
Past few days I am observing somnething odd, the virus database verion I am being shown in the about screen in still 994…
and on the summary page I always see the current date as last updated date…
If I try to manually update the AV, it connects and replies as the db is up to date…!

I think it is something odd…

Can somebody help me with this…

Hi Nikwan3,

Are you on version 3.12.x.560? because updates for older versions have been suspended.

Can you try this procedure here:

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_faq/where_can_i_download_the_latest_full_av_database-t47164.0.html

Looks like something got corrupted…

If you are on a version before 3.10… Dont do what Ronny said, problems could happen.

Oh, you were right, I was using an old version (May be v very old…! :)) 3.5.
I have downloaded the new version, right now I have 3.13.120417.573 version, and now facing a new problem…
I am not being able to update it…
Tried twice, It downloads some 80-90mbs and the states that I need to restart my PC,
When I do so, still the database version is ‘1’, and in summary it says, ‘never updated’…!
???

Did you do a clean install (uninstall 3.5/reboot/install 3.13) ?
It should download to about 106MB before it starts to tell you it needs to reboot…
after that the “never updated” is still red that’s correct, you need to update once again to get the latest incremental updates…

yes, I uninstalled, 3.5, restarted my PC and then installed 3.13…
it has downloaded 106 mbs twice now, but still it says that the av is never updated!!! :frowning:

Is it possible to get the virus database, directly for download…?
I will just replace the file…!

Try downloading this:
http://download.comodo.com/av/updates313/sigs/bases/BASE_END_USER_v2973.cav

Boot in Safe-Mode, replace \program files\comodo\comodo internet security\scanners & …\repair with this version and rename it to bases.cav

Next reboot, and check for updates again, it should now only have to update a few incrementals…

Thanks a lot Ronny…
Actually, when I had posted the last post, I had just re-stared my PC after giving the update another try…
And after I posted it again popped up “updating”, I decided to wait n watch…
It has updated the Virus database…!!! ;D
Its GREAT!! :smiley:

I denied an update for the version, though, mine is already 3.13…!

Thanks for the link, though, is the link constant, I mean, can I use the link (of course, changing the version name etc) for the next downloads, if anything like this happens on next version update or something?