Virus Database upgrade problem

Hi,

I’ve meet the problem when I upgrade the Virus Database after I upgraded the COMODO to the version 3.9.95478.509. It’s stopped on 30% always, and never going on.

What shall I do now? Downgrade to old version 3.8 ??

Any help will be greate appreciate.

Atom

The update file that needs to be downloaded is quite big,a bout 12 MB, and during the process the progress indicator will stay at 30% for quite a while. So, when the download is going slow it may look like it is not doing a thing.

Keep the updater running and wait. When it is not working after half a day bump this topic again.

Hi, Eric

Thanks for your kindly help.

I uderstand now it is because of the database is 12MB big and need the time to download. But before I upgrade the CIS to 3.9, everything was fine, the virus database upgraded very quickly.

I have seen the hint of “Virus Database is being updated” for a few times. And always shows “Failed to update the virus signature database. Please check the internet connection and try again later.” after I click the hint. It’s seems can not find the server which the database be downloaded from.

Atom

After failed again and again for the updating, I have to uninstall and reinstall the CIS newest version 3.9.
Now the virus database upgrading work well. Also the CIS is using my mother language.

I have a question, where do you find the version of the bases.cav?

Atom

You can find the data base version number under Miscellaneous → About.

It had me worried when it seemed to stick at 30% . However I could see from my Netmeter that it was downloading still .After about 10 minutes it started moving on from 30% .As previously stated it is a huge update file .

it should get easier once multiple updates a day come out, it should break up the updates into smaller packs making it a much faster update.