VirtualBox Will Not Start If CIS V7 Is Installed [M1088]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
YES, every ime
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
1:Instal CIS 7
2:Instal latest VirtualBox
3:Start VirtualBox
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
VirtualBox wont start if CIS 7 is Installed. The error message is attached to this post.
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
VirtualBox should sart normaly
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the conflict FAQ?:
There is none
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
VirtualBox 4.3.14
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
Uninstall CIS 7 and VirtualBox is running, Install CIS 6 and VirtualBox is running
I don’t think that it has something to do with my system, on my second PC I have the same Problem…
As I found out, it dosent mather which version of VirtualBox you use…
On my ohter PC I have Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, installed 6 monts ago, on that PC I made an Update from CIS 6 to CIS 7 and an update from VirtualBox 4.3.12 to
4.3.14 and the same Problem. I also tried to Install an old version of VirtualBox 4.2.26 but the same Problem…

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Latest Version 7.0.317799.4142
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Only AV and Firewall are enabled
Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
Firewall is on Custom Rulset, makin rules for allowed Applications
Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
No, it was a clean install on fresh installed Windows 8.1 64bit
if so, have U tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
?
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
?
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 8.1 64Bit, all updates, UAC disabled, Account Local,
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=No b=No

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is the error I’m getting, I don’t know if it helps…

[attachment deleted by admin]

+1

Thank you for reporting this issue. For one thing, I would consider this to be a compatibility issue of some kind. Therefore, does following the advice in the conflict FAQ help?

Also, please provide the exact version of VirtualBox you are using.
In addition, what happens when you try to run VirtualBox? Does it throw up an error message (and if so what does it say, note that I cannot correctly download your jpg) or if not what does it do?

Also, please create and attach a diagnostics report to your first post. There may be specifics of your system which are causing this problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

HI,

Diagnostics Report is in the first post.
The error.jpg should work now.
I don’t think that it has something to do with my system, on my second PC I have the same Problem…
As I found out, it dosent mather which version of VirtualBox you use…
I’m using 4.3.14…

Thanks

Thanks. I also added the error jpg to the first post.

Please state all of this in the other information section in the first post.

No, thank you for reporting this issue. (:KWL)

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Should be fixed with CIS 8.2.0.5005 so moving to resolved. If you feel this is not fixed please PM a moderator. Thanks.