View Defense+ events (HDD activity)

Since the recent upgrade to v5.4.189822.1355, I’ve noticed that when I click on View D+ events, my idle HDD’s spin up. No other feature of CIS does that.

I was always annoyed that Win XP did that when ever Windows Explorer got launched. With Win 2003 R2 I’m a happy camper in that HDD’s only spin up when actually opening HDD’s that are idle, or when clicking on the Trash icon. Because of that I avoid needlessly clicking the Trash icon or navigating to idle drives. The drives spin up on their own fairly infrequently because of some SVCHost, or CIS, update activity (which I can live with). Although it is frequently a mystery why the drives are spinning up again.

In any case, now CIS is doing it too. :frowning:

I s’pose I could live w/that and only check into View D+ events when the HDD spin up mysteriously. Its just bad form from a System Analyst’s perspective if users have to adapt to software.

If this is reproducible please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.