Very Unhappy Now [Resolved]

here are the logs

IP was renewing at 12.57.29

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for posting your log. Now let’s see if someone else can decipher it. :slight_smile: (Sorry, but this is beyond my know-how’s. :-[) At least we know you have some rule(s) set up that’s blocking your net connection.

ive had a friend look at the logs and he sees that comodo is blocking access to DCHP which needs access cause thats wot renews IP

willas00, if you’re on a network this thread might be worth looking at as it relates to DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol - it means you have a dynamic IP like me that changes everytime your ISP connects to the net)

Also check Here → I also noticed that you had svchost.exe blocked. This is a windows process that needs internet connection for things such as windows update.

no im not on a network modem goes straight into the PC via USB… but my IP renews every hr to every day some times

Other related threads:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6417.0.html
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6002.0.html

ive had a look at the forum links but they dont seem to be something that can help me…

i would like someone to help me with step by step insturctions as im not gd at this :S

Quote from Willas00:
i installed comodo again… reset pc… uninstalled other firewall… reset pc…
End Quote

I think that what 's happening is that you did not uninstall your other firewall before installing Comodo. You must have had a pop-up warning you to do that when you started the Comodo installation?

Red.

that was ages ago i formatted the PC on Friday so its a clean install of every thing

Hi, willas00!

It creates a rule in “Security”, “Network Monitor” referring to the DHCP.

ive been reading the logs so rule 5 if i set it to Allow Protocall UDP Direction In/Out

will that be ok and safe

No. To allow all UDP in and out is not safe. The same applies for TCP.

how can i sort this then?

In order to allow DHCP traffic through the firewall you can add 2 Application Control Rules.

application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
parent: C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
action: Allow
protocol: UDP
direction: In
destination IP: Any
destination port: 68

application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
parent: C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
action: Allow
protocol: UDP
direction: Out
destination port: 67

Try this and let me know if you are still having issues

how do i allow these? (done that see below)

P.S what should rule 5 be as i was messin with it last night

ive done that i think now ive got 2 sit back and wait ;D

I might be way of track here, but still putting in my five cents worth.
Maybe the following is what is cousing of the problem!:

From the “helpsectiion” on “2.4 current solutions”:
Another problem some have is CFP not starting up, not allowing connection.
One instance that can cause this is a firewall not being installed FIRST. If you have anti-virus which is usually the main conflict, try uninstalling it , uninstalling CFP and install CFP FIRST anti-v SECOND. Many times a firewall, since it allows ALL access in\out to everything, it should be installed first.

If you past this problem ages ago as well, then see this as not send.
Red.

Should the destionation Port be any rather that a specfic 1 because the logs ive supplied is only for 1 of the times

the ports are specific port numbers because you are only allowing DHCP traffic, which uses ports 67 and 68 :slight_smile:

Also, as you asked earlier - the default last Network Monitor Rule should be:
(if you haven’t added any trusted networks this will be rule #5)

action: Block
the 'Create an alert…" checkbox should be checked
protocol: IP
direction: In/Out
source IP: Any
IP protocol: Any

thanks for that

now its due to renew at 1300 UK Time so we shall see if it works