Very dissapointed in CIS :( [CLOSED]

OK. I’ve got CIS working. I installed it first and it works fine now. I’ll try lauching a few games to see how it behaves (I had crashes and BSOD’s before)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice to see you getting somewhere Commudus, Hope all is well and Your battles with the bugs are being won, with a little help from Egemen at Comodo. I for one like to see everyone enjoying the protection Cis gives and will get better, but Please Egemen, lets get all the other annoying bugs put right, and lets have 3.9, as i reckon we are all chomping at the bit!!.

Regards
Dave1234

Thanks. :slight_smile: I just hope CIS continues to work as it is working now. :-TU

So what was the problem then if its working now? I mean there was no new release as such but your version started to work Commodus. Can you pls tell us what you did to get it work on your “stripped down” Vista (:slight_smile: ) so that we can share this info with others.

thanks
Melih

Haha. 3.5 was working flawlessly. I reinstalled and installed it many times. 3.8 however started acting weird since the beta release.
I think 3.8 killed my internet connection and then tried to detect new networks which froze everything. (That’s my guess)

This time I reinstalled Windows and installed CIS first and now it’s running okay.

Hope that when the 3.9 comes and I’ll install it, it won’t kill my network :slight_smile:

No program is perfect . (:AGY)

Only problem I have ever had with Comodo firewall or CIS has been when uninstalling these products
( they have not usinstalled completely ) .

Here is a list of problems with other antivirus products I have used/tried last 12 months:

Mcafee - problems because my bank uses java.( if I use Firefox )
Eset - problems because my bank uses java.( IE and Firefox )
Panda - computer freezes when I copy files to CD/DVD.
Kaspersky - Adode reader update can´t find server ( nor can I test my adsl speed if Karsersky is enabled )
Avast (none)
Avira - too many false positive alarms .

I have great hopes for CIS 3.9 , because I think that Boclean will ad CIS detection rates.

:-TU

I agree that no program is perfect, but the final release should not have such bugs as 3.8 final has 88)

I did this post long time ago and only now I see a COMODO developer talks about it! That’s really frustrating! :frowning:

And as you sad, Defense+ alerts while this keylogger is being installed, and after installed, shouldn’t Defense+ warnned me about my keyboard activity stolen?

Completely agree!

It sets a global hook. Thats how it sniffs the keyboard activity. It modifies winlogon keys. Thats another way to sniff activity while logging in etc. You will not get any access to keyboard alerts if thats what you expect because it does not access the keyboard. It uses these hooks to sniff the activity.

We may not reply every post. But there is no way that a serious issue can be missed or not handled.

Same issue here 88)

https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t36813.0.html;topicseen

Just tossing out a thought here…

Comodo does utilize 2 or more hidden drivers, depending on which Comodo software ya got.

I, along time ago, had trouble with long shutdowns. My registry was hanging cause of something and with inspection I was able to figure out it was one of those hidden drivers. And I couldn’t change it’s settings (permissions and such, it would just change back). I lived with the prob for quite awhile.

Unfortunately I don’t recall exactly what I did, but I was going through another “kill the services” phase and whatever service (it was several I messed with anyway) I stopped, or toggled, also allowed the hidden Comodo driver to work correctly and that hang problem has been long gone.

And eggman, thanks for letting us know about…

"CIS signatyure verification engine(cmdagent.exe) depends on the following services:

1 - Remote Procedure Call (RPC) (RpcSS)
2 - Cryptographic Services (CrypSvc) "

Very useful. I was wondering what was turning on the Crypto Service. (just upgraded to 3.8 , and fyi, I used the update instead of a fresh install which I usually do, but was in a hurry, and everything is working fine)

So, a lesson to see here is, programs can be written to need the services that we service haters love to turn off. It’s hard to know all the consequences. I think software companies have little choice but to write their 'ware to work on virgin OS’s. Just think of all the possible variables otherwise.

…and if yr an nliter, yr a service hater too… I know it! : )

CIS doesn’t protect it’s own files ! :-\

I can delete almost any file from CIS folder. This is a big security risk and it’s unacceptable :frowning:

Maybe CIS would still be operational after deleting those files, but still it’s not good looking :-TD

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, I don’t know about that. Never tried to delete Comodo files. I was talking about Window’s OS services.

But, I gotta say, So you desire a SFC for Comodo software? And the increased overhead?

I believe I’ve read over and over how people who are nliters and tweakers scream loudly about MS’s SFC.

lol. Can’t have it both way’s. If you tweak you tweak, now you gotta do your own research.

And, I’m pretty sure, if a malware deleted a component of CIS you’d notice, unless your tweaking causes you not to be informed of something.

And don’t get me wrong, I certainly tweak my OS. It’s half the fun, or pain. As you know.

Commodus,

“CIS doesn’t protect it’s own files !”. Would you like CIS to protect itself from yourself? I have explained this many times that just because you can modify some files “manually” does not mean malware can do this too.

I recommend you to think, do your homework and then post messages and not confuse other users.

You have opened this thread because your big problem was CIS not working in a stripped down version of Vista.
I am here to remediate this problem and I offered my help.

Egemen

My answer is here :slight_smile:

https://forums.comodo.com/moderators_only/commodus_can_i_help_with_the_issues_you_are_having_with_cis-t37412.0.html;msg265981

Ahhh… Out of limits to me! :frowning:

Yeah…we just need to be mods. 88)

Great idea, eh? Can’t believe that the “mod-making” spree ended without us two becoming mods. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just would like permission to view the board…but I don’t have to do “mod stuff”. Kinda like what ganda does! :stuck_out_tongue:

Great idea, Jeremy! :stuck_out_tongue:

I got kicked out of the Mod section. ;D Melih doesn’t want to go public. Are you affraid Melih ?

You are.