Very Annoying

Today, I had the bottom right dialogue box come up saying something about letting setup.exe for Google Chrome continue. I was unsure what it was, so I just x’d out of the dialogue box instead of accepting or rejecting it. Now I can’t open my Google Chrome. No matter what I do, turning off Comodo, I can’t get Google Chrome back up. It must have changed the registry files.

This is extremely annoying. Is there a convenient way to fix this problem? It doesn’t show up in Pending… or any dialogue boxes, actually, except for in this following screenshot.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2595/18758337.png

As you can tell, in this screen, I can only see that there was a change present. However, I can do NOTHING about it. Meaning, for now, I can’t use Google Chrome. This is extremely obnoxious and I wouldn’t expect Comodo to be so user-unfriendly. Please help.

If you have the answer, can you please PM me with the answer. I’d HUGELY appreciate it. Thanks.

Edit: By nothing, I can’t right click those to modify those or anything saying that it’s actually a trusted application.

And if you can’t see the image, here’s the full link: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2595/18758337.png

Let me know, thanks!!

If you X’ed out of an alert then CIS’s default action would be to place a temporary block on whatever it was that caused the alert. This usually only lasts the duration of the process, but maybe not if it involved a persistent process (system component or something). Anyway, reboot to clear it.

[i]PS Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

edit[/i]

Wow I’m disappointed, they should allow you to edit or modify the process in the Defense+ window instead of having to tediously reboot.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the information.

Erm… I’m not a CIS Developer, I’m a just a user. :slight_smile:

Reboot, it’s not quite like that. If the process that the temporary block was applied to is still running, then the block will still apply. Given what happened, that’s valid & correct. I’m not sure CIS can do anything else at this point without exposing the user to large risks. You must either kill the process in question (this can be more than one process) or reboot (which does the same thing). It’s security, it must be like this. Otherwise you’re vulnerable.

On the Trusted Application. You cannot edit Trusted Applications on a per application basis. The Trusted Application is a Predefined Policy, possibly being used by many applications. You can edit it in the Predefined Firewall Polices section if you wish… or if you needed to change the policy on single application, then populate the application with the Trusted Application rules by using the Copy From - Predefined Policy & then edit that. But, that still wouldn’t help with the above. Exiting an alert without answering it, is a bit like being parental mode where the user see no alerts. They just get blocked. It’s meant to happen like that.

You could remove the program and any Rules settings completely from Defense+ and restart the program to place new rules with it.
Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy. Find your program and select it.
‘Remove’ your program and then click ‘Apply’.