Version for Vista [Merged threads]

Hi,
is Comodo Antivirus Vista capable?
If not, are in your planning for the future to make a Vista version?

Thanks,
Fabrizio

G’day,

At the moment CAVS2 BETA is Win2K and XP compatible. There will be a Vista compatible version, but the timeline for this has not been publicly released.

Hang in there.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi. Justin created a thread on this in the CAVS FAQ board a while ago:
https://forums.comodo.com/faq_for_comodo_antiviruspyware/comodo_antivirus_windows_vista_compatibility-t7565.0.html

This would be the thread for any news/updates.

Yes when I made it, Melih said that Comodo was aiming for the end of July, I will PM Melih to confirm so I can update the topic if needed.

Hello,

I have updated this TOPIC

Justin

When will s vista ver up and going for download? and what improvments have been made?

(:WAV)

Hi and welcome to the forums,

There is no date yet for the next version. According to this post (which is from June, but I haven’t seen any announcement of a release date), Melih (Comodo CEO) hopes to include Vista support in the next version.

/LA

The thread that Justin (or any mod who feels like it) regularly updates:
https://forums.comodo.com/faq_for_comodo_antiviruspyware/comodo_antivirus_windows_vista_compatibility-t7565.0.html

Hello everyone. I am wanting to know if there is a comodo antivirus version (alpha, beta, or final) that is compatible with Windows Vista 32 bit system, and if so, where do I go to download it? I need an antivirus program. I am using the comodo firewall program and really like it. I would like my antivirus to be by comodo also, otherwise I’m going to have to go back to avast.

Thanks for the help.

Allen

still waiting…
vista support will come with cavs 3… how long it will take, don’t know. but i hope it will be fast
avast is my choice for the moment
:wink:

Like SpacemanPT wrote, we should expect Vista support with CAVS 3 - I believe - but not with the very first CAVS 3, as it seems. According to Melih’s posts Vista support will take a bit longer.

Whenever it’s released you’ll find it in the section of Feedback/Comments/Announcements/News about CAVS.

Until then, avast is great (I didn’t even know that it supports Vista), and I think Avira supports Vista too - a good choice in my opinion.

/LA

Thanks for the replies. This helps me. I’ll continue to use Avast until Vista is supported by CAVS.

Glad to hear that, Allen.

By the way, welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

/LA

eagerly awaiting a Vista version here also…

Comodo is working very hard on the next version of Comodo Antivirus, I don’t think you will be dissapointed, they have completely re-written the code :slight_smile:

I was wondering why haven’t they made an AV for vista? People are switching, because Vista is gaining on popularity, why are they so reluctant to give us a Vista compatible product? The firewall works fine with my Home Premium 64, but I have to use Avira instead of Comodo, which I hate! (L) (R) I want Comodo!!! (:TNG)

Well, only the staff can answer why there is no AV for Vista yet. :wink:

I suppose they have considered other things as more important. This far, still, I think quite few people use Vista. How many could it be? 5-10%, the others have XP (or 2000)? Until CAVS 3 arrives (and supports Vista, I’m not sure it will do so from the beginning), you’ll have a great firewall with CPF 3 and still a good AV with Avira. :slight_smile:

LA

Eh… :-[

Hopefully you guys don’t forget about the Vista x64 (64 bit) users out there when making the new antivirus. You guys make some great products and I love the fact that they are free and perfom just as well, if not better than the other junk that companies charge end users for. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you guys out or help support your products!

Hi,
I am a new member and am very interested in your products and your philosophy. My initial problem concerns my new laptop that has a windows vista preinstalled.
When are we going to get a windows vista compatible antivirus programme from you? It is almost impossible to buy a new computer without windows vista preinstalled from the manufacturer. Which of your security software is vista compatible? Thank you in advance. Keep up the good work.
Raj
Sweden.