Version 8 is broken. It makes up paths, ignores rules

I tried everything to keep it from asking each start again for the same files.
Several origin games.

I noticed, the path it shows in the question is wrong (both for firewall and hips). Its for example:
C:…\Origin~1\game~1

So even if you manually make the RIGHT path as a rule, next time you start, comodo will ask for these ~1 things again.
EVEN IF YOU ALSO HAVE a rule which looks exactly like this wrong path too.

I never have seen something like this with comodo. But its not usable like that.

Why does it make up ~1 filepaths? Why does it ignore real rules?

Back to version 7.

Now on version 7, everything works like it should.

I dont get it how you manage with each new version to introduce bugs and questionable features.
Like this “file list”… With thousands of entries. While i just used version 8 for 2 hours. Unpurgable.
ADS.

And then the ~1 bug.
Each time it takes months until a new full version is usable. The last of version 7 was good at last.

I dont want to know how comodo would look and behave if there werent the countless people here in the forum who try to keep the good alive.

One cant keep comodo up to date without risk anymore.
That may introduce risks.

Files list is a merged list of

Unpurgable.
That has already been noticed more than several times in the release topic.

ADS.
That has already been noticed more than several times in the release topic.
And then the ~1 bug.
I am wondering what is keeping you from doing the honourable thing of submitting a bug report on this?
Each time it takes months until a new full version is usable. The last of version 7 was good at last.

I dont want to know how comodo would look and behave if there werent the countless people here in the forum who try to keep the good alive.

One cant keep comodo up to date without risk anymore.
That may introduce risks.

Then what’s keeping you from moving slowly and wait for each point release to mature?

Do you understand the problem here?
It looks similar. Creation of wrong paths. But in this case with ~2

Note how the filepath that leads to the problem is not english (programme), if that is kind of a hint. And it even inserts an aditional step /…/

Its an issue with 8.3 file name/path format https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/142982 and 8.3 filename - Wikipedia for further explanation.

im almost back to v5.12 here…

my computer is behaving strange since i install this new release. doing some tests here to figure out if that are some problems with my os installation or my hardware, but Im guessing its not related, i guess its about cis… ill create a new topic if I can confirm that the problems im having are related to cis itself.

anyway, I had some problems related to this topic yesterday. I was without internet and whatching some movies. when I noticed that cis make some files as isolated automaticaly and didns asks for these files to be isolated or not anymore. I removed all entries on all modules of cis about these files but the behavior continues. today my internet was working again and I tried these files and cis popups and asked me to isolate or not these files (the normal behavior).

dont know whata hell was that but definitely was cis 8.2 doing some crazy shit. cant say more because the lack of log files but i can complain about this new release. its a ■■■■ with these kind of behaviors.

Can you shortly illustrate it related to the given example which got ~2 paths?

And why did i get ~1 ?

Sure, its because you’re running the x64 bit edition of windows which has two program files directory’s and the short name of these are the first 6 letters of the directory name, and because no two folders can have the same name in the same directory the number represents each different folder with same beginning name. So PROGRA~1 = Program Files and PROGRA~2 = Program Files (x86) and if you create another folder called Programs its short name would be PROGRA~3

So how do we fix this sht? from what i understand it breaks with other languages than english or with x64 version
i have to click 10 times to open an application, wth!