version 3 improvements in respect to version 2.4?

can someone list the inprovements version 3 has added in respect to version 2.4. i am not interested in the hips part(defence) as i believe my current hips utility works quite well.

i have used version 2.4 every since it came out. and i am more than pleased with it.

Hi darth

The following is from the help files of v-3:

New in Version 3.0
IMPROVED!Updated Network Firewall Engine

New Stealth Mode makes your P.C. completely invisible to hackers and port scans.

NEW!Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) Application Control

Bulletproof protection against root-kits, inter-process memory injections, key-loggers and more;
Authenticates the integrity of every program before allowing it to load into your computer’s memory;
Alerts you every time an unknown or untrusted applications attempts to run or install;
Blocks Viruses, Trojans and Spy-ware before they can ever get onto your system;
Prevents unauthorized modification of critical operating system files and registry entries.
NEW!Intuitive Graphical User Interface

Summary screen gives an at-a-glance snapshot of your security settings;
Easy and quick navigation between each module of the firewall;
Context relevant help and advice available throughout the application;
Simple point and click configuration – no steep learning curves;
New completely redesigned security rules interface - you can quickly set granular access rights and privileges on a global or per application. The firewall also contains pre-set policies and wizards that help simplify the rule setting process.
IMPROVED!Application Behavior Analysis

CFP 3.0 features advanced protocol driver level protection - essential for the defense of your PC against Trojans that run their own protocol drivers.

NEW!Added new ‘Training Mode’

This mode enables the firewall and host intrusion prevention systems to automatically create ‘allow’ rules for new components of applications you have decided to trust, so you won’t receive pointless alerts for those programs you trust – the firewall will learn how they work and only warn you when it detects truly suspicious behavior.

NEW!User’s profiled safe list database creation.

Comodo Firewall Pro also creates a customized safe-list profile of a your applications through a review of Comodo’s safe list database. In addition, you can include unique applications within your profile as safe. Once the profiling is finished, Comodo Firewall Pro will create a custom ‘safe list’ database that is unique to your PC.

NEW!Windows Security Center Integration

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0 is fully recognized by Windows Vista/XP Security Center as a trusted firewall.

NEW!Self Protection against Critical Process Termination

Viruses and Trojans often try to disable your computer’s security applications so that they can operate without detection. Comodo Firewall Pro protects its own registry entries, system files and processes so malware can never shut it down or sabotage the installation.

IMPROVED!Application Recognition Database (Extensive and proprietary application safe list)

Comodo Firewall Pro includes an extensive white-list of safe executables called the ‘Comodo Safe-List Database’. This database checks the integrity of every executable and Firewall Pro will alert you of potentially damaging applications before they are installed. This level of protection is new because traditionally firewalls only detect harmful applications from a blacklist of known malware – often-missing new forms of malware as might be launched in day zero attacks.

Firewall Pro is continually updated and currently over 600,000 applications are in Comodo Safe list, representing virtually one of the largest safe lists within the security industry.

IMPROVED!Automatic Updates Process

IMPROVED!Submitting of Suspicious Files to Comodo

You can help combat zero-hour threats by using the built in submit feature to send files to Comodo for analysis. We will then analyze the files for any potential threats and update our database for all users.

IMPROVED!Firewall Event Logging

Now you can export records of firewall activity according to several yourself-defined filters.

New in Version 2.4.18
NEW! Updated German translation

FIXED! Updated help for multi-languages installation

thanks jjasper for the list of improvements that version 3 has in respect to version 2.4. in the near future i will make the change to version 3. wow looks like you typed all of the help files for version 3. again i am gratefull for the info.

Yes jasper is very good but i think it was a copy and paste :D.

Hi darth

Copy and paste works wonders.

Once you get v-3 you will see that there are many, many pages of help files. They are …well …very helpful.
One suggestion I have is if you are planning on going to v-3 wait for the 3.0.14 to be released. It is much more solid and stable than the 3.0.13. It should not be very long before it is released to the public as there are very few problems reported on it since it was released to a few.

John