Version 2 or 3? [resolved]

I installed version 2.4.18.184 in October '07 and it’s been working away without any difficulty or problem whatsoever since. However, only this evening I noticed from checking out the Comodo website that I should be using version 3 since I’ve always used Windows XP (Home Edition - 32bit). Since everything has been going well with version 2 I’m wondering why I should change to version 3? Also, if I did change would I lose all my settings from version 2? I’m feeling that if it’s not broken then why fix it!

Thank you. :slight_smile:

You should upgrade from a security standpoint due to things like known vulnerabilities in ver 2. However, do note that ver 3 also includes the optional Defense+ (HIPS), so it’s relatively more complicated. Also note that there’s a new CIS (Comodo Internet Security) suite due out in a few weeks.

I presume that none of the settings and configuration from version 2 can be migrated to version 3? In other words, installing version 3 means starting totally anew?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Oops. Forgot about that part (:SHY). V2 and V3 are completely different worlds, so the settings & rules can’t carry over.

but, once you set up v3, you can save all your rules/settings and import/export them from then on. :slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone. Time to change to version 3, it seems. :slight_smile:

ok i’m closing this down. if you have additional questions on v3 you can check out the faq / start new threads :BNC