Various Suggestions

When I have several pages of Firewall/Def+ event log entries it takes some time to fill the window, as much of 30 seconds sometimes, this is too much time for a P4 3.0Ghz, 2GB DDR-400 memory, Intel PERL MoBo. Maybe you should try to skip ‘Windows Themes’ to the entries on the window. I only get fast loads here on a WinXP-Lite installation or disabling Themes (20-50% faster) which is not desirable because WinXP turns ugly.

Also a better way to admin this entries. Is a PIA going to clear the entries and constantly click on ‘Refresh’ to observe how new entries get in and diagnose Network/malware problems. Would be great if you could have the admin buttons on a real-time self-update window.

Maybe a packet corruption detection: some NICs make the hardware checksum and reject bad packets freeing the CPU/OS from doing it, would be great if CIS could check how many packets get lost/rejected to monitor network transmission quality in a more elegant way that the ‘cmd’ window.

Make the ‘Active connections’ window column sortable for better connection control.

Could you please COMODO guys work with Avast! Home to improve your antivirus? for me this is the killer combo: COMODO FW, Def+, MF, SafeSurf and Avast! Home. Maybe a joint venture?

As a PC Tech these are only my wishes, sorry if I ask too much, but I like COMODO products very much, specially CIS and I’d like it to be The Master of Network/System Security/Monitoring, and not only to take care of part of it, this way you could make a slogan: “Think Security, think COMODO”.

Best Regards.

Clear the logs. Don’t know why you would need to keep so many.

If Comodo ever does anything in conjunction with AVAST, AVG, or Norton, I will drop all Comodo products in a heartbeat and my recommendations/promotions of any Comodo product. Those companies/products have done more harm than good since the day they were created. I hope Comodo will continue to be smart about their security policies and practices and not simply do a shity job copying the same broken standards as AVG and AVAST have done.

You really need to read more careful before posting. I stated that was a PIA CLEARING the entries and I don’t keep so many they get generated.

If Comodo ever does anything in conjunction with AVAST, AVG, or Norton, I will drop all Comodo products in a heartbeat and my recommendations/promotions of any Comodo product. Those companies/products have done more harm than good since the day they were created. I hope Comodo will continue to be smart about their security policies and practices and not simply do a pooy job copying the same broken standards as AVG and AVAST have done.

The last quote is as far from the truth as the first one. I can speak for Avast! is one of the best Antivirus out there and better than COMODO Antivirus, I have tested this personally with infected PCs so you should inform yourself better before making post like this.

I’m a big fan of COMODO but I use only the best products to secure/optimize the PCs I service. I’m a PC Tech for a living and I constantly test products on infected PCs to actually see what is the best, so I do know what I’m writing about. Sorry to say it but it’s true.

Plus Avast have a internal proxy to capture and scan browser surfing and Network Shield a monitoring tool that COMODO Firewall in rare occasions allow an attack and this Shield gets it, so is a great combo and I install them both for a great system defense. Thus, if both would join forces on a new freeware would be a spectacular Swiss knife of PC Security IMO.

Please read and abide by the forum policy before posting.

[b]Flaming.[/b] Comodo forum participants have different backgrounds and views. Flaming each other helps no one and is not tolerated by Comodo staff, moderators or ordinary forum members. Hostile or derogatory messages directed to any person (flames), along with other posts written for the sole purpose of antagonizing others or starting an argument (flamebait), will be edited or removed at the moderators' determination.