V4 blocks xbox 360

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to V4 of comodo firewall. I see trying to get an xbox 360 to see or stream from a PC has been an issue for some people and I have read the post’s i’ve found in this forum without success.

I have a home network, with 1 pc and 1 xbox 360 (all going through a BT homehub) the xbox 360 can see the pc name but when you try to access its content the firewall blocks the connection, if i turn the firewall off, connection to and from is fine.

If i reboot the pc and then fire up the xbox, once windows has loaded i can access the pc content with no problem, I assume this might be because the firewall is still starting up maybe?

Is anybody able to asssit with some configuration that might enable this to be resolved? This appears to be a problem for other people woudl be nice to get a resolution.

Thanks

Follow this and skip the first line:

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that potential resolution but the same problem occurs/no change…this is also the same after a clean install of Windows 7!

Can you post screenshots of your Global Rules and Firewall logs when the XBOX is connecting?

The Global Rules can be found under Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy. The firewall logs can be found under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events.