[v31] Extensions' Functionality Breaks on Startup / GUI Distorted and Broken

Since the release of v31, there are several issues and bugs that are confirmed and consistently reproducible which begs the question how it managed to be released when testing of any kind by even the most inexperienced developer should have caught it.

Extensions are inaccessible and their functionality broken when the browser is started.

None of the extensions are functional when you start and the only way to get them to work again is to go into extensions page and disable all of them and then re-enable all of them again, this is extremely annoying to say the least and greatly affects the usability of the browser.

I have confirmed this on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and the browser is configured to start incognito automatically on start.

The GUI is distorted and has a large portion of space wasted with random icons.

The browser is loaded with the default theme having a large space on the left wasted, which defeats the minimalist interface designed to gain realestate not lose it and shows random icons - except when incognito which has the spy icon overlapping the blue dragon icon.

This has been confirmed to be a Comodo issue as changing to any other theme will correct the problem and restore it back to normal but the color scheme seems to be hard coded by Comodo which means everything with another theme look horrible when it comes to the bookmarks and the menu drop downs which become extremely high contrast and the window title portion becomes transparent (alpha 0).

[attachment deleted by admin]

It should have rained when my lawn needed water, but it didn’t.
Our demands are not always met and our questions are not always answered, it is a fact of life. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

How is that relevant or even the same thing. The fact is that even the simplest testing and QA prior to release of a software which is industry standard practice, not a wish or demand, would have shown that the space is distorted and the extensions are not functioning. I am not wishing that running CD would suddenly make it rain, so what you are saying is pure nonesense and makes light of a real failure in the development cycle. I know you are the PR and need to makes excuses and making light of it and making fun of legitimate reports to detract from the failure of the dev team is the easiest way to distract from the facts, but come on have some respect for yourself.

Try SRWare Iron if you are having problems with Comodo Dragon. Or you could just use Chrome but there is some data mining by Google.

Thank you, giving that a shot. At least its open source, they got nothing hide when it comes to their changes.

Glad I could help. :slight_smile:

Hi GµårÐïåñ,
It was just an example, to show the desired outcome is not always accomplished.
Comodo Developers are only human and errors created by any human on occasions are inevitable, that is unless you know exceptions.

I am not employed by Comodo, I am a ‘Volunteer Forum Moderator’ and nothing more.
No I do not make excuses for anything or anyone and nor do I need to.

Thank you.

You did, I have been using it for less than a day and I am already hooked to replace Dragon with it completely. No lags in loading pages, no startup and shutdown lags, no memory hogging and system crashes, no extension problems, no GUI problems, clean and functional. Loving it. Thanks again.

It was an invalid and insincere example as this human created problem should NOT have eluded the developers as ALL OF US will compile and run our applications to make sure we can see the giant obvious GUI problem at the very least before we just package it sight unseen and ship it. So no, this was incompetence and failure in the most amateur, and a human problem that is easily avoidable even by the most noob developers.

[i]I am not employed by Comodo, I am a 'Volunteer Forum Moderator' and nothing more.[/i] No I do not make excuses for anything or anyone and nor do I need to.

Volunteer or not, you do it all the time. The number of my posts that have been removed while the one sided replies are left in place and being banned for stating nothing but the most fundamentally constructive criticism for any reasonable company that has nothing to hide, is proof of that. You don’t have to admit it to me, just admit it to yourself at least - you seem like an intelligent person - actions speak louder than words my friend.

Things do slip by it is just a fact of life, I have another example but I will keep it to myself.

Volunteer or not, you do it all the time. The number of my posts that have been removed while the one sided replies are left in place and being banned for stating nothing but the most fundamentally constructive criticism for any reasonable company that has nothing to hide, is proof of that. You don't have to admit it to me, just admit it to yourself at least - you seem like an intelligent person - actions speak louder than words my friend.
If you feel that myself or any Moderator has treated you unfairly, please use the link below. [url=https://forums.comodo.com/new-member-information/how-to-appeal-against-moderators-decisions-t62068.0.html]How to appeal against Moderators decisions[/url]

BTW: Thank you for the compliment and you also seem to be an intelligent person, please PM if this OT discussion is to continue further.

Thank you.

Shouting at us is not going to help nor when you continue to aggressively broadcast your view that your favorite bugs should be fixed yesterday rather than today.

Your expectations seem to be coming from your experiences as a software engineer where you have been working a lot in shielded environments where a limited set ofsystes needed to be provided. That differs from developing for consumer applications where both a variety of versions of Operating Systems need to be met as well a wide variety of hardware configurations.

You have not been making friends with your aggressive and defiant behaviour. They are clouding your concerns. One catches flies with syrup rather than vinegar.