V31.1.0 fails to include Flash Player plugin !

I switched on my backup desktop which had CD V30 running, the update routine kicked in & ran OK, clicked a link which needed the Flash Player but, NO Flash Player Plugin ? V30 had the Plugin so why doesn’t V31.1

Since Comodo in it’s infinite wisdom wont allow a user to install the player, how in gods name does one add the plugin to the installed list?

All my attempts have failed.

Any attempt to download the player from Adobe.com & the browser just sits there spinning it’s wheel going nowhere ! No error message, No abort…just endless waste of time !

There’s no useful info in the Comoda Help option either, which BTW is out of date…it’s still saying CD V30 !

I also tried to download the player from Adobe using IE, since CD wont do it, but even using the alternate (non IE) option from Adobe failed. Is it really necessary to un-install & re-install CD to accomplish a simple plugin update ?

I’ve no guarantee that would solve the problem anyway!

Plugins are allowed as recommended in the Contents Settings, None are blocked !

It’d be great if I could get the Flash Player Plugin to install so I could view a few video’s & UTubes. The browser is useless without it !

Win 7 Home Premium, SP1, 64bit. VAIO i5 4GB RAM.

Hi huntsman,
Why V31.1 failed to recognise the already installed flash plug-in, I am not sure what happened.

To get past the continuous re-load loop when trying to re-install the plug-in, see below.

Thanks.

Thank you Captainsticks.

So it wasn’t Comodo who caused me so much frustration, it was Adobe.
I withdraw my complaint with an apology…

Adobe is just another snooping web site.
So many think they can track us & our behaviour on the Net!

Nearly as bad as the NSA!

Did you look at Comodo ‘Help’ ?
It’s out of date (or was early this morning in Australia) The only version for CD ‘Help’ available from the list was V30.

I don’t think CD really changes too much from version to version but I get your point. The CD 30 help should be fine for 31.1. :slight_smile:

Hi huntsman,

Apology not required. :slight_smile:

Adobe is just another snooping web site. So many think they can track us & our behaviour on the Net!

Nearly as bad as the NSA!

Possibly not that bad, that function isn’t to block ‘geolocation’. :wink:
HTTP referrer-Wikipedia

Did you look at Comodo 'Help' ? It's out of date (or was early this morning in Australia) The only version for CD 'Help' available from the list was V30.
It was a little early, I have now made note of it in the link below. [url=https://forums.comodo.com/report-comodo-forum-web-site-issues/dragon-out-of-date-help-file-dragon-v311-help-file-is-v300-t101952.0.html;new#new]Dragon out of date help file. Dragon V31.1, help file is V30.0.[/url]

Thank you.

No version of Dragon has ever included the Flash plugin. It has always needed to be downloaded and installed through the Adobe site. If you simply go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ , check to see if you have the latest version (for Dragon look at plugin based browsers like Mozilla) and if not, click on player download center. The correct version for your browser will automatically be selected and the installation/ updating will work perfectly. Just untick the option to install other things like McAfee and you’re good to go.

Comodo has never prevented you from installing Flash.

On a side note, Dragon is often detected as being Solaris (not by Adobe though). Why I have no idea.

If installing a fresh copy, maybe so! however since CD was doing an auto update and Flash along with other plugins were already installed in the version of CD being updated, I would have expected Flash to be included along with the other plugins which were included with the Dragon update?? !. The inconsistancy is both frustrating & annoying !

If you simply go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ , check to see if you have the latest version (for Dragon look at plugin based browsers like Mozilla) and if not, click on player download center. The correct version for your browser will automatically be selected and the installation/ updating will work perfectly.
True, however as pointed out by captainsticks,.. the problem wasn't CD it was Adobe who like many nosy web sites are tracking a user's behaviour & uses the HTTP Referrer Header, which I delete in the Settings options. When the HTTP Referrer Header is allowed (which also let's Adobe & others track your web behaviour) the Flash player will be installed OK (or updated maybe ?). Once the Flash Player is updated (I'm never sure if Adobe updates it or does a fresh install?) I immediately re-enable the HTTP Referrer Header delete option in Settings, to again stop nosy web sites from tracking the web sites I visit.

Blocking the Referrer Header may also assist in overcoming Geo Blocking, but it’s not a total solution in my opinion. The Referrer Header is used more by nosy web sites to track a user’s behaviour, in my opinion, (I’ve checked the Wiki & it’s my interpretation) & that is an intrusion of my use of the Net which is no one else’s business except mine.

Comodo has never prevented you from installing Flash.
Thanks,...captainsticks confirmed this for me. Blocking the Referrer Header was the problem.
On a side note, Dragon is often detected as being Solaris (not by Adobe though). Why I have no idea.
Thanks, I wasn't aware ! CD is also interpreted as Chrome in most browser header ID's.

If you contradict the ID info when dealing with a problem web site, & tell them your using Dragon, they will invariably inform you that they don’t support Comodo Dragon!! Which is an annoying put down! since Chrome & CD are both derivations of Chromium, although CD is always several revisions behind both Chromium & Chrome.

I don’t bother correcting the harvested Chrome ID info which the faulting web site gathers & let them think I’m a Chrome user, which they will support.

It always concerns me when Chrome is able to keep up with the Chromium developments, but Dragon can’t (doesn’t)! Does anyone know why ?? :frowning: 88)
Mod edit: Added quote tags to define the quote, Captainsticks.