V3 forgets Thunderbird; Overview rules

Hey there,

well, first of all (V) and I love the new version! But I have to problems that make me cry :slight_smile:
First of all: The version 3 always forgets my answers concerning the portable version of Thundebird. Although the option “remember my answer” is checked and I allow the connection, the next time I start Thunderbird I’m asked again.

The 2nd question concerns the overview which existed in v 2.4. There you could see which applications were allowed and which not. I can’t find such an overview in v 3. Is there any?

Hi,

I installed the upgrade to v3 earlier today and immediately had problems with sending emails via Thunderbird…in the end, the only way to get an email sent was to disable Comodo v3…I have now uninstalled it and logged a support request.

Here is a Post that might solve your issues temporarily…

Hi Guys,

More than a million PCs is using CFP 3right now and the weird bugs/problems are posted in the help board.

2 of these problems seem to be recurring. Here are the temporary fixes until we update the executables:

1 - cmdagent.exe 100% CPU consumption:

This has been verified and fixed with the upcoming update. It is related to patched uxtheme.dll.
However, until the updates are issued the temporary fix is disabling the registry protection :

• Defense±>Advanced->Defense+ Settings->Monitor Settings
  • Uncheck “Protected Registry Keys”
  • Press Apply and restart

2 - System Slowdown issue :
It is related to the load on comodo lookup servers.

Online file lookup must be disabled

• Miscellaneous->Settings->Update
  • Uncheck “Automatically perform an online lookup for the unrecognized files” option
  • Press Apply button

Both 1 & 2 should solve the most of the problems.

3 - Email client problems

• Firewall->Tasks->Stealth Ports Wizard
  • Select “Alert me to incoming connections”

Then Protocol analysis should be disabled.

• Firewall->Advanced->Attack Detection Settings->Miscellanous
  • Uncheck “Do protocol analysis” option

Thank you all for the cooperation,

Egemen

Thank you for your answer but it still has the same problems.

Everytime I start Thunderbird for the first time after having booted my pc, the firewall asks me if I want to allow it. Then I say allow, remember my answer and ok. But the next day, it asks me again - other applications such as Firefox don’t provocate that problem.