v3 276 crashes very often:(

File a support request (submit a ticket):

That will at least get the issue on their radar. They may even have a fix that I haven’t thought of. Give them a list of your system specs, O/S, internet connection and security software and point them at this thread so they have an idea of what has been tried.

Hi lhwparis,
Can you please let us know as what’s the value of ‘InstallPath’ entry under following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\InstallPath

Thanks
-umesh

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall

this is the reg entry could it be that my c:\ is named “HarddiskVolume2” and my external drive “HarddiskVolume1” and when i disconnect and reboot drive c:\ becomes “HarddiskVolume1”.

why is there no “normal” path like c:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall ?

Yes it is exactly the description of the bug. We will fix this with the upcoming update.

Thanks for the feedback,
Egemen

no problem im proud of helping you.

one question. can i solve the problem with setting the reg key to c:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall ?

Nope. It wont fix it im afraid.

ok so i wait for the new version :wink:

I I’ve the same annoying problem, and i’ve a E-Sata Drive too
Software:
WXP SP2, Comodo 3.0.15.277
Hardware:
Asus P5N-E, E4300@2800mhz, 2GB mem, HDD SATA 2x500GB+1x300GB + Ac-Ryan Esata HDD Case, 1 IDE 80GB HDD

BIOS and HDD plug order are all well configured (Boot Disk its plugged at sata1, and the boot is configured to sata not ide)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1945/comodoiq2.jpg

(Acronis Disk director ScreenShot)
The value of ‘InstallPath’ entry under following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations\InstallPath
is

\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall

When will the new version (update) be ready?

Can you egemen give us a beta version with this bug fixed? (:KWL)

thanks

Pretender

hi is there a release date for the new version fixing this bug? in the next time i have to travel a lot with my notebook so sometimes i cant use it with the external HD and i dont want to have that problem every time:( so i think i have to uninstall comodo for a time :frowning: :frowning: any chance to get a beta or something like that fiing this bug?

lol… yea, it would be nice to have a fix.

For those of us it affects… it more like a “catastrophic failure” than a bug.

However, it says a lot about how good comodo is that I have continued to put up with this since version 3 release.

It will be fixed witht the release this week guys. This Tuesday or Thursday.

There is a batch update coming this week addressing many issues. This is one of them.

Egemen

thanks for your answer im looking forward to this release!