V3.0 Affecting Add/Remove Programs??

I’ve just installed Comodo Firewall V3.0.14.276, and am very happy so far, however i’ve found that alot of my programs are now not listed in ADD/REMOVE programs, when i look in the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, however in that entry is ‘COMODO Firewall Pro’ which contains a list of entries, will this have anything to do with my problem or not?
Very happy with COMODO though!! :BNC

Hi bigal344, Does this occur in the control panel under add/remove programs as well where you can’t see the programs? In my remove programs list it just shows a few Microsoft entries and something related to Java. Stuff thats never been in there also, which is just odd. I found it yesterday completely by accident so its interesting that you have found this to. I’ll check out that registry key and see what I find.

I’m also using .276 version of firewall. What version of Windows are you using?

I’ll follow up here soon.

Dave

Hello Dave, thanks for the quick reply, in control panel under add/remove programs very few, probably about 40% of my total programs are shown for example, Adobe reader, Comodo itself, Kaspersky, Java and some MS Net Framework bits and pieces.I’m using Windows XP Home, i just found it a bit odd that Comodo was found in the registry entry where i was led to believe details of programs should be found, although this is only from what i’ve read up on, i’m not familiar with registry entries.
Any help is much apprieciated, and i’d be interested to learn a bit more as i go along!!

Alan :■■■■

This is certainly an odd one, I’ve looked at that key you suggested and I have a subset under uninstall. I have one for Skype and one for Video Watermark Factory. I don’t have anything for other programs.

Under my uninstall list I have the .net framework, packages for Office 2007, Roboform, Adobe Elements, Skype, SPSS, and random other Microsoft pieces. Interesting entries include mProSafe, mPFmgr, and mMHouse. None of these has ever been there before. Also, the uninstall button is no longer there.

Anyone know anything more?

Dave

just a question: did you recently uninstall the yahoo toolbar and related components?

Under my key i have this,

Don’t know if this helps at all!!

just a question: did you recently uninstall the yahoo toolbar and related components?

Nope, i haven’t, i’ve always used Google on its own.
The only changes i’ve made have been the uninstallation of AVG antivirus and ZoneAlarm Firewall, and the installation of Kaspersky and Comodo.
I know that these in themselves may have something to do with my problems, and as i say the key entry may be unrelated but it seemed odd in itself to have Comodo there when i had been led to believe that it should reflect my install/uninstall programs list somewhat.

Alan

PS In the above screenshot that i’ve posted you can also see that FireFox is in that entry as well, i’ve just installed this within the last 1/2hr!!

only reason I was asking is because a while ago I’ve had exactly the same issue with a disaster in the add/remove program panel, just after I uninstalled a component intsalled with the Yahoo toolbar. Many other users at the time experienced the same issue. I had to reinstall Windows after.

What I think is that some apps mess with Windows installer. Do you still have a restore point created just before the issue happened? That’s your only way out I’m afraid, or a full reinstall of your OS.

Nope, i’ve tried the previous restore points and they all say that no changes could be made, can’t be bothered to reinstall XP as i only did that about 4 months ago, due to extremly bad housekeeping clogging everything up.
I’m intending on building up a new computer sometime this year thats a bit more up to date and has a bit more power and potential for expansion.
If anyone else has any ideas on this i’d be interested to hear them.
Thanks to all who have replied so far for your time and info, much appreciated!! :■■■■

PS In the above screenshot that i've posted you can also see that FireFox is in that entry as well, i've just installed this within the last 1/2hr!!

This is the same thing that happened with me, only with another program that was installed recently.

Do you still have a restore point created just before the issue happened? That's your only way out I'm afraid, or a full reinstall of your OS.

Almost the same here. Restore points work, but it doesn’t fix the problems.

Dave