uTorrent Problem [Resolved]

I used to run uTorrent fine with comodo. I’ve reformatted and now I cant get it to work. I’ve added uTorrent as a trusted application, with TCP or UDP in/out, no ip or port range, even tried checking allow invisible connections and skip advanced security check. I still get a yellow ! on uTorrent. Once I close Comodo Firewall, it turns green and everything speeds up.

I’ve found settings for CF on the uTorrent forum, they dont work.

Can anyone help me?

Hi, I am not a Comod and p2p expert but only a simple user with the same questions as you. I found this answere on google, and I tried it, it works very well for me, so I hope for you : :■■■■

"EMULE
A mini tuttorial of how to open ports for emule
First you must go at the “Network Monitor” panel.
There you should click with the right button of the mouse and choose “Add rule”->“add”
at the new window that appear you should put the following rules:

1. Rule for TCP protocol

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = your computer IP adress (you can also use “Any”, if you are using a modem and not a router; by this you won’t have to change the IP address every time you connect in internet )
Source port = Any
Destination port = the port your Emule uses for the TCP connections

1. Rule for UDP protocol

Action = Allow
Protocol = UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = your IP adress (or “Any” )
Source port = Any
Destination port =the port your Emule uses for the UDP connections

Bittorent
A mini tuttorial of how to open ports for bittorent and similar p2p programs
Go at the “Network Monitor” panel and add the following rule

Rule for TCP/UDP protocol

Action = Allow
Protocol = TCP or UDP
Direction = In
Source IP = Any
Destination IP = your computer IP adress (or “Any” )
Source port = Any
Destination port = the port your bittorent program uses for the TCP/UDP connections

You must move the rules up, over the default rule “Block IP in”. ( CPF “reads/applicates” the rules from the top to the bottom)

ps. Remember that for CPF “Source IP” is the adress of the computer which sends the data and “Destination IP” is the computer that receives them. When your computer sends data is consindered Source, when receives them is consindered Destination.

by pandlouk

edit (27/10/2006)
For using the search in Kad you must disable the feature “Do protocol analysis”

IMPORTANT
you will have to disable the UPnP option from the program you use if you want this guide to work properly. If you don’t disable it you will have NAT problems.

example for azureus:
Azureus->Tools → Options → Plugins → UPnP
There uncheck “Enable UPnP” (:WAV)

haha thats funny…i tried that yesterday and it didnt work…so i deleted the old one and did it again and now it works.

thanks!

Heh, that’s funny you found that w/Google. It’s right here in the forums! https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6167.msg45504.html#msg45504

Since it’s working for you now, weknowhowtolive, I’ll close the topic. If it stops on you again and you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link) and we’ll be glad to do so.

LM