Using Google sync

Hi, new poster here, I did a search and couldn’t find anything on this, so sorry if this is a silly question.

I guess that, as well as the enhanced security, another reason people use CD rather than Google Chrome is that the don’t like the tracking technology associated with Google Chrome. Then when you install CD you are told you can “sign in to Dragon” to sync your various settings - bookmarks, extensions etc. However this isn’t a Comodo account it’s Chrome sync for which you need a google account. So, once signed in, is Google not then aware of all your browsing, searching, youtube viewing etc. I suppose you could sync then sign out, but how many people remember to do this every time?

Hi and welcome,
I personally do not use sync, but I image tracking with the Google account to be limited to whatever the user selects to sync.
The following may not be accurate.
AFAIK no sync, no send.

If anyone has better understanding or knowledge about this, please reply.
Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t think it’s as limited as that myself. If you use your google details to log into any google product then it has them for all google’s needs. I don’t have a youtube account, for example, but yet if I log into my google calendar and then in the same browser later watch youtube videos, my viewing history is stored against my google name, and google adverts are influenced by what I’ve watched. I guess the safest is to not use google sync and then there’s no issue.