Using Cleaner on a networked computer

Hello All!

I recently used Comodo’s Registry Cleaner on my 3 home computers and it is fantastic! I actually “saw” a performance increase!

Very cool…

My wife now wants to clean her registry on her work PC but it is on a company-wide network… it seems the network does not control her computer, they just save files to the network server, etc… (they are CPAs-saving and deleting tax info for clients…she can d/l whatever she wants to her own comp, if you are thinking about permissions)

My questions:

1. If she uses the registry cleaner on her comp, will it in any way transfer to the company network?
    (I would hate to mess with the server registry)

2. If Comodo will in fact, clean just the local registries that it is installed on, can Comodo be downloaded to a network server hard drive and clean that too? ( I have the impression that a network server is kind of the same as a PC…it has its own hard drive, programs and registries that could use a tune-up)

These are two separate questions…I don’t expect that you can load Comodo onto a network and clean the client-side registries as well…

I hope I was clear enough with my questions and thanks in advance for any help!

Keith

Welcome To Comodo Forums (:WAV)

1. No, It’s completely safe to run CSC On Her Computer (It Will Not Effect The Network)
    If The Company Has Some Modifications In The Registry it may effect that.

2. Network Administrator Would Have To Install It To Use It On The Server; If you are wondering to install it on the network so all the employee’s can use it, i’m pretty sure that can’t happen. it would have to be installed on each individual computer
    System Requirements for Comodo’s System Cleaner
    32 bit version

Supported Operating Systems

Windows Vista 32 bit
Windows XP 32 bit
Windows 2000 SP4
Windows Server 2003 32 bit
Minimum Hardware

32 MB RAM
40 MB Hard Disk Space

64 bit version

Supported Operating Systems

Windows Vista 64 bit
Windows XP 64 bit
Windows Server 2003 64 bit
Minimum Hardware

32 MB RAM
40 MB Hard Disk Space

Good day and welcome to the forum,

1: as far as i can tell the registry cleaner does not scan for disk devices on a network at add them to be cleaned… the cleaner cleans only the drive on where it is installed or where it is executed from…

2: for this purpose you can use the portable version, if the server meets the minimal requirements that is needed to clean the program, i think it is possible. the portable version can also be used on the machine of your wife…

have a nice day!

Great Stuff…Thank you guys much