use by keyboard

hi guys,
when I want to install something I usually switch CIF to install mode - just for the given process, but sometimes the software itself starts a lot of subprocesses, installs a lot of tools, libs, anything.
In this case CIF asks and asks and asks, and I need to move the mouse from button to button I want to press again and again.
I would prefer to press a key, but this looks not possible in some windows (especially when CIF asks what to do now (allow, block, remember …) [also I can’t understand what cancel should mean here, but it is another topic].
So I would like to suggest to have shortcuts everywhere as it was specified already at the time of the old windows 3.1

Though I am not commenting about your wish, I think, these second ‘asks’ can easily be subdued by choosing ‘predefined policy - installer updater’ when the pop up comes.

That would naturally give a question why would CIS alert, when CIS is already in installation mode. Normally, when the installer triggers a potential hook, CIS would just like to confirm that this is actually the same installer, for which you have opted ‘installation mode’ (thats how I understand it).

After switching to installation mode, if you choose ‘installer updater’ mode for a particular installer, CIS will understand that you want to install this program and will give it all the privilages the program requires and there will be no more alerts. If you just allow it, CIS will think that some other ‘unknown’ application is trying to access the potential areas and would just ‘alert’ alert and alert.

I feel that it is for your own safety, to ensure that even in installation mode, some unknown / malware stuff does not directly infect your computer.

I think they deliberately did not implement this feature to prevent “malware from pressing the buttons for you”…

There are some dialogs already where you can press y or n to go further. From the other hand I don’t think anyone will develop a malware which recognizes CIF and all of its windows and generates all the planned button events (in that case it could also drive the mouse to do the same thing).