USB Mass Storage Device is not showing

When i connected my nokia mobile through data cable,i cant able to see that option USB Mass Storage Device in system tray…

also when i connected handycam,that option was not showing…

but when i connect my ipod to it,that option shows…how ?

so i cant disconnect it properly as i also cant see ------Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device in system tray…

for now i disconnected directly by pulling the cable out without using any option.i dont want to do that here after.

Why that option — USB Mass Storage Device is not showing in system tray ?

How that option — USB Mass Storage Device is showing only when i connect my ipod ?

Have you tried in Safe Mode (F8)

Had a problem with a USB device that every time it saw it as a card and install a card reader device in device manager, tried in Safe Mode it then install the correct device.

Dennis

Hey!

I have the a very similar problem! I have just opened a thread for it, check:

https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/strange_malware-t48541.0.html

Vino I have the a very similar problem!

Your problem is different.You had mentioned as malware.Iam not having any malware/virus.

Are you on XP? Then that may an XP related problem: How To: Fix Missing System Tray Icons at Windows XP startup .

I would advice to look the USB devices in Device Manager and make sure it is set for quick removal. This way you don’t need the wizard to safely remove; of course don’t remove while it is writing of course… :wink: