US National Security Letter

So tell us Comodo have you ever received a US National Security Letter?

Possible replies are:

Yes.
No.
Couldn’t possibly tell you

Is it about incoming ISON comet?

No I mean in connection with Comodo products.

Comodo have you ever received a US National Security Letter?
Seriously? If comodo did get one do you think theyll tell you or anyone in this forum? Why don't you write to some other companys and ask them the same thing and see what the response is

Maybe it’s in comodo’s spam folder somewhere :■■■■

I had one of those letters before, but it wasn’t about secretly demand data about ordinary American citizens’ private communications and Internet activity without any meaningful oversight or prior judicial review. It was about the incoming ISON comet. I told them all they had to do was google it because I wasn’t going to google it for them. It’s bad enough my taxes are going up every year and If I had to start doing their googling, It’ll be the last straw. I personally don’t think I can handle it :wink:

I really don’t appreciate you moving this post. As far as I am concerned it is a valid General Security topic. If I don’t get an answer that is useful information.

From wikipedia (I added the bold):

A national security letter (NSL) is a letter from a U.S. government agency demanding information related to national security. It is independent of legal courts and therefore is different from a subpoena. It is used mainly by the FBI, when investigating matters related to national security. It is issued to a particular entity or organization to turn over records and data pertaining to individuals. By law, NSLs can request only non-content information, such as transactional records, phone numbers dialled or sender or recipient email addresses. They also contain a gag order, preventing the recipient of the letter from disclosing that the letter was ever issued.

So, even if the letter was sent, Comodo can’t say it was.
I suggest to lock this topic because it will lead to nothing

I really don't appreciate you moving this post. As far as I am concerned it is a valid General Security topic. If I don't get an answer that is useful information.
It's already been answered

Answered by me(Jay2007tech) :slight_smile:

If comodo did get one do you think theyll tell you or anyone in this forum? Why don't you write to some other companys and ask them the same thing and see what the response is

And by Jon79 :slight_smile:

From wikipedia (I added the bold):

A national security letter (NSL) is a letter from a U.S. government agency demanding information related to national security. It is independent of legal courts and therefore is different from a subpoena. It is used mainly by the FBI, when investigating matters related to national security. It is issued to a particular entity or organization to turn over records and data pertaining to individuals. By law, NSLs can request only non-content information, such as transactional records, phone numbers dialled or sender or recipient email addresses. They also contain a gag order, preventing the recipient of the letter from disclosing that the letter was ever issued.

So, even if the letter was sent, Comodo can’t say it was.

I suggest to lock this topic because it will lead to nothing
Agreed.

Thread Locked
IBUM370,
If you object to this topic being locked, PM a mod with reason why it should be reopened

I fully concur with Jay2007tech.
This thread to remain locked!