URL Thumbnails No Longer Appear on New Tab Page

I just updated to CD v60.0.3112.115 and now my URL thumbnails no longer appear on the New Tab page, on which there should be eight (8) thumbnails for sites I visit frequently.

I tried a repair of CD, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

I had the same. I repaired this by deleting( or just move somewhere) file Top Sites in \Comodo Dragon\User Data\Default\ Then I launched the browser and updated the initial tab a couple of times and its work.

I’ve spent the better part of today trying your suggestion as well as umpteen others. Nothing restores the thumbnails. I believe this may be a Google Chrome problem with the latest release of CD (Build 115).

Thanks for replying, though.

Just on a whim, I downgraded CD to v58.0.3029.114 from v60.0.3112.115 and the thumbnails have now reappeared.

The last version that displayed thumbnails on the New Tab page was v60.0.3112.114, so I’ll be searching for a copy of that version until this issue is fixed in v60.0.3112.115.

UPDATE: I downgraded to CD v60.0.3112.114 and the thumbnails are now working properly. If you are having similar issues, you can download this version from Comodo Dragon Internet Browser (32bit) Download - Fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium

UPDATE: I re-updated CD to v60.0.3112.115 and enabled the “Turn Off Strict Site Isolation” feature, which restored the missing URL thumbnails on the New Tab page.

See: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-v6003112115-is-now-available-for-download-t121313.0.html

A warning for all. Changing this settings will make you vulnerable for attacks using Meltdown/Specter vulnerabilities.

It’s my understanding that any browser based on Chromium below v63.x is vulnerable to these attacks.

When can we expect a new version of CD that resolves this issue and also retains the thumbnail feature on the New Tab page? I’m simply not willing to give up that convenience for a vulnerability(ies) that don’t yet exist in the wild at last report.