Urgent help needed- I can not browse using Comodo. [Resolved]

Hello friends

I had recently installed Comodo [1 hr back] and I have recently uninstalled it [10 mins back] with great reluctance (:SAD)

This is what has happened:

As I installed it I opted for the recommended setting during installation. I use ADSL dial up connection through LAN card [Realtek Via 10/100kbps onboard].

I need to disconnected my Dial Up connection, from time to time as it is a limited Data transfer account with up to 2Mbps download speed. But once I disconnect the connection, after reconnecting I can not browse anymore nor can my Torrent clients [Azerus or uTorrent, which I am using to download Linux DVD images] connect. I have tried four browsers Firefox, Opera, Avant and the IE. But I can not connect., I always get “SERVER NOT FOUND or THIS PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED” etc.

If I restart my PC, then I can browse but again till the next reconnect. The dial up connecting and there is no problem with my PC otherwise. Presently I am using the default XP SP2 firewall, but I am eager to use CPF. As I have uninstalled and using the default OS firewall, I am not at all facing this problem which conclusively points that the problem source was unfortunately CPF.

I use Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and Kaspersky Anti virus a my AV.

Please help me to solve this problem so that I can use CPF. Please understand that I am eager to use it as I am getting training to become a security helper, I know myself that how good tis firewall is.

Thank you.

I’m sorry but I’m a bit lost here. In Oz the 2 most common internet connections are
adsl-always on broadband connection-the only way I could disconnect would be to unplug either the cable between the comp and the modem or the phone line from the back of the modem.
Dialup here is 56k. The 56k modem dials in to my isp (at the cost of a local phone call) and connects me to the net. My int 56k modem became a frisbee after I found it was causing a hardware conflict. Best thing I ever did.

I use Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 and Kaspersky Anti virus a my AV.

Please help me to solve this problem so that I can use CPF. Please understand that I am eager to use it as I am getting training to become a security helper, I know myself that how good tis firewall is.

Thank you.

I noticed there are quite a few posts regarding Kaspersky AV and comodo. Here’s one I found.
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7211.0.html
Maybe some of the other guys have some ideas.
:■■■■

Hello sullo

You can have ADSL connection through LAN, where you need to dial using a password and user name- so I referred it as dialup. You will have two icons in this case in your system tray, one the LAN and the second is the connection. If you just right click on this icon you will have an option “disconnect”. This connection is generally referred as “PPPOE

Since you’re in a LAN it’s recommended to define a trust network in the Tasks > Wizard settings at the bottom. (I’m not on a LAN, so I don’t know about the rest.)

Hello soya

Could you please elaborate? :THNK

I do not have CPF on board, otherwise i would not be able to interact here now.

BTW, does any issue exists between NOD32 and CPF? I know it works perfectly with Avast.

If a picture can say a thousand words, then a video must say a billion. Take a look at AOwl’s video: NordicNature - Comodo Firewall Install Guide - Tutorials - Håkan Olsson

I also have nod32 (not in real-time anymore because i don’t need it 8)) and it’s known as the nicest player with any other software.

Thank you very much. I’ll try again and let you know the result.

BTW, I even tried to install Comodo with KAS disabled but that did not help too. (:SAD)

Hi there

I uninstalled Kas and installed Comodo. The previous problem is now replaced with a new one. Whenever i ry to post anything in the forums using Firefox 2.0 either I get a blank window with nothing in it [just white] or the following error [example]:

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.techsupportforum.com Port 80

This problem is faced only when I am trying to input any data like post or Username- password.

Can you please help me out?

Even I can not post in this forum using FF and I am using Opera presently, but as FF 2 is my default browser, so I need to use it very badly.

BTW,

1. I have installed NOD32 trial presently and it is up and running.

2. I have added my LAN to the trusted network, thank you for the video link.

Sorry to see a new problem has emerged, src2206.

Is it only when you try to post messages on any forum that gives you the blank screen and error message with Firefox, but you can browse fine with FF? Can you export your logs to a html file (and then edit out any private IP’s with Notepad or other text editor) to upload it here? Maybe something was blocked by your rules.

Hello Soya

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I can not input any data like posting in Forums using FF though i can browse freely without any problem.

The Comodo logs are too many. So I am attaching thhose logs which were created as I tried to make this post using FF between 9:26AM to 9:28AM.

I hope this will help you to diagnose and solve my problem.

I am waiting eagerly.

Regards

[attachment deleted by admin]

There doesn’t appear to be any important services blocked. As a temporary test, if you right-click on the system tray icon and set the security level to Allow All, will it work? If it does then it’s a problem with your rules. (May need screenshots :D)

Thanks Soya

Nooooooo!!!

It did not help too (:SAD)

Either I am being taken to the login page or it is giving this:

The tab is titled as ERROR 404

Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

The request line contained invalid characters following the protocol string.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.techsupportforum.com Port 80

Please…eeeee tell me how can I solve this.

You told me a screenshot is needed, screenshot of what? I am ready to provide anyhting that you require.

I really don’t know because I’m an Opera user. Since the Allow All setting didn’t work there’s no point in a screenshot of your rules because we know that’s not the problem.

The topic issue is resolved. It’s better that you open a new thread about firefox and forum posting errors. What do you think?

Sorry but I could not find any section that you are pointng out. Could you please give me the link?

Thank you.

Well, your original issue in relation to this thread title about not being able to browse was resolved, correct?

I suggested that you open a new thread in the CFP Help board to get more exposure and possibly answers from users who can help you with Firefox and forum posting, which is a different issue. What think?

Thank you for thelink. i have started a new thread as you advised. :slight_smile:

Ok. In your other thread, you should mention the steps you took here so far so that others won’t repeat the same suggestions like with your rules, etc.

I’ll close this thread now.