Upgrading BOC 4.22 to 4.24

Okay, I’m probably the last one to finally get around to upgrading BOC v4.22 to v4.24. Do I need to uninstall 4.22 before installing 4.24. Thanks jim

I don’t think you NEED to uninstall it, but to avoid problems with BOCLean, it’s strongly recommend to uninstall 4.22 before installing as it will remove all files from 4.22.

Ragwing

yes, you need to uninstall BOC 4.22 before installing BOC 4.24…

since your are running BOC 4.22, you shouldn’t have a problem with running the uninstaller, but still i would completely shut down all of BOC’s running processes before running the uninstall…

you could also go to the trouble of going into BOC’s “configuration” and unticking “automatically start BOC” before running the uninstall, which would remove the “startup” regkey…

BOC 4.22 and 4.24 are not exactly the same program… BOC 4.24 will install into a “comodo” folder while BOC 4.22 is installed into a “NSClean” folder… plus 4.24 has some differences surrounding its licensing process where it automatically downloads a license when updating which was not the case with BOC 4.22…

From the FAQ the Download Link, Install/Uninstall Instructions, & User Guide :

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware_faq/download_link_installuninstall_instructions_user_guide-t8442.0.html;msg61132#msg61132

Greetz, Red.