Updating automatically, but...

With the default settings, Comodo Firewall asks to go online each time the computer is turned on. I found this a nuisance, as I work a great deal offline, and the computer is often shut off. This springs from my being on dial-up, and having a power supply that can be fickle.
I would like to know, is there a way to instruct Comodo Firewall to connect automatically if the computer is online, but only then?

Brant autom

Brant, welcome to the forum.

First of all, I’m going to assume you have version 3 rather than 2.

Secondly, there is no way that I know of that allows you control the automatic timing setting. From the help file:

Automatically start the application with Windows (Recommended) - With this option checked, Comodo Firewall Pro will be automatically loaded every time you start your computer. This is the default and highly recommended setting. Unchecking this box means the application will not load at computer startup and, unless you have an alternative firewall/intrusion detection system running, your computer will not be protected.

Unfortunately not, but you can turn off the automatic updates altogether.

Open CFP and click on MISCELLANEOUS → SETTINGS → UPDATES

Deselect “Automatically check for program updates”.

This will mean that you will have to manually check for updates via MISCELLANEOUS → CHECK FOR UPDATES

Ewen :slight_smile: