Updater not working

Hi

I have old version of Comodo Firewall (2.4.18.184).

Does anybody know if the the updater feature actually works? When I click on it, it says no updates available and that is BS because I am sure we are up to 3.0.21.329 now. Any ideas?

Perhaps it is not really worth the trouble and I will just stick with the version I have? Sounds like a nightmare trying to uninstall…or easy there an easy way to upgrade?

Thanks

Hi fingalcat and welcome to the forums.

The update fuinction in V2 refers only to V2 updates, not the upgrading the entire application to V3. V3 is a whiole new architecture and you can’t do an update from V2.X to V3.X.

As with most software, when there is a VERSION change (like from V2.X to V3.X), as opposed to a revision change (like from V2.1 to V2.2), it is not uncommon to have to uininstall the old version and then reinstall the new version.

In your case, you will need to download the V3 installer, uninstall V2, reboot, install V3, reboot and then configure V3. While there are posts on here about difficulties in uninstalling, please bear in mind that there are literally hundreds of thousandsa of users that have upgraded without any issues whatsoever.

Hey! If my mum can do it, there’s hope for all of us.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks for your speedy and friendly response. I will give it a go and come back if I have any problems.