Update Problems [RESOLVED]

i am having update problems, now… most times, when i run the updater, i get “error; not connected to the internet; check firewall”…something like that, but sometimes i get “download not available; try again later”…

maybe it is just a temporary problem with the update-servers, but others have mentioned having problems with the updates, before, so i don’t know if it might be something with the program itself…

i don’t have any firewall-rules that would prevent BOC from connecting to any ip address on any port, assuming that local ports 1024-5000 are being used for the updates, which is typical for TCP-out connections… besides, if a different local port was used, it would be logged, and no such attempted connections have been logged…

i think it is just a temporary problem with the update-servers…

Have you “sniffed” out the connection to see where it’s dropping?

LM

yeah im also having the same problem. i had to download the update manually…

is it a problem with the servers?

plz answer back soon

Hi, same message here when I click “Check for update”.

/LA

I just sniffed it and it says “Response arg: boc425.xvu: No such file or directory”. I am getting the same message.

Could be that someone has the server down for maintenance or maybe replacing the old file with a new one.

jasper

I also can’t update BOClean. I don’t get any message…the checking for updates box comes up, remains and then disappears! And I’m left with the update released earlier today, not the latest.

I’d like to know what the problem is too. More importantly, for it to be fixed.

Sincerely, Libra

The problem looks to be that when BOClean requests the update from the FTP it is requesting the file “boc425.xvu”. However the file on the FTP server at ftp://nsdownloads.comodo.com/pub/ is named “BOC425.xvu” seeings as the server is case sensitive in its requests for files BOClean is thinking that the file doesn’t exist and just exits. This is what seems to be causing the errors.

I have submitted a trouble ticket about this and hopefully it will be fixed ASAP.

Thank you drOpknutz for explaining what seems to be the problem and sending in a trouble ticket.

Sincerely, Libra

I’m getting a message that no update is currently available. That’s an improvement over nothing, I guess…

LM

I just get this message :

Download NOT available at the moment. Try again.

But auto update must have worked earlier today :

Last update: (UTC)
2007-08-21 09:39.32

It seems to me that the update servers are temperory down.

Greetz, Red.

it looks like the problem has been fixed, now… i was able to download an update… :slight_smile:

Yep, it is fixed :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

All working fine here too.

I have marked this topic as Resolved and locked it. If anyone wishes to re-open the topic please PM a Moderator with your request.

:SMLR