Update problem

I updated this evening to 12.1 and immediately started having issues. I am wondering if others have encountered this problem. When Dragon starts up, I get a message in small type in lower left hand corner that says “waiting for cache…” I have timed it and it takes from 4 to 6 minutes to connect to any website! I uninstalled it and re installed it twice. Then I downloaded a full version and installed it. Then I rebooted. Still same thing. Last time it was 6 minutes before it connected.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. I have reverted back to Chromium without problems. I also checked Firefox and IE and they all function normally.

Thanks!

This appears to be a long standing bug in the Chromium code (which Dragon is built on). It doesn’t appear to happen to everyone, just a few.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=2d35939c663c5568&hl=en

I think I found the problem late last nite. I read somewhere about a profile problem so I changed the default profile name to default_bak and restarted Dragon. It came up fast! So I then proceeded to import my personal data from Chrome, restarted and same old wait problem. I did the change profile name again and this time I exported my bookmarks from Chrome to my desktop then imported them into Dragon and re-started Dragon. It came up normally. So the problem is either in the profile being corrupted or in the import settings function. The manual bookmarks import with a new default profile seems to be working fine this morning.

Thank you for your input and have a great day!