update problem

downloaded and installed the latest .560 and restarted and updated the antivirus and it said reboot required for the updates to take effect, so rebooted but after reboot still virus database is 1 and comodo saying never updated. ran diagnostic, it says everythings fine. trying again, lets see what happens??

thanxx
naren

I had the same issue, I had to reboot about 4-5 times to get Comodo to actually update and apply the virus database. I was about to give up on Comodo.

What other security program are running in the background? Try disabling them and see if that helps.

First time I ran the udater my machine shut down, this happened a couple of times but now it doesn’t seem to have any problems. Don’t like having to reboot after each update though… :frowning:

Do you need to reboot after each AV update? If that is the case please look up the AV database number before and after the reboot. The AV database number can be found under Miscellaneous -->About. There are a couple of reports where CIS keeps on downloading the big initial AV database.

OK I’ll try that, right now the database number is 2398, I’ll check it after the next update and reboot.

When I try to update I get the following in a window. error 112 : unable to copy file: dosmz.cav Please try again.

I tried again and again and I still have no luck updating.

What version of CIS are you using?

i need help about the prob that you mentioned. i download the last version just a few days ago (3.12…560) right after the instalation it started updating and after it finishes it asks me to reboot. just before the reboot the database version is 1. and after i reboot the version gets back to 0 and it started the update again. i already did it a few times and reinstall the whole thing and nothing happens…
its the first time im using Comodo internet security it looks like something i would like to continue using it but im about to give up…

any suggestions?

When you say the update starts again does the progress indicator stay at 30% and does not get past 30%?

When that is the case uninstall CIS, rebooted as requested and run this [url=https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/cleanup_tool_for_comodo_internet_security-t36499.0.html;msg259617#msg259617]clean up tool to get rid of possible leftovers. Then install again. Does this help?

yes each time i start the computer the virus database is being updates it downloads the 104 MB file and update the database. after that he asks me to restart and when i do after the computer starts again it does the same process again…

Please disable all other security programs running in the background and see if that helps.

When that doesn’t help I advice to uninstall CIS, reboot and run this clean up tool. When using Vista/Win7 manually remove the CIS folders under Users%username%\appdata\local, Users%username%\appdata\roaming\ and \Users%username%\appdata\local\virtual store . The clean up tool is made for XP so for Vista/Win7 you will have to manually delete the mentioned folders.

Now install CIS again and see if that helped.

i went to all those foldes and i could not find cis folders

When they were not there then they were deleted by the uninstaller. You can then proceed installing CIS again. Let us know if that did the trick.

i installed it again same problem

Try the following.

We are gonna take a look to see if there are some old drivers of your previously uninstalled security programs are still around. Go to Device Manager → View → show hidden devices → now look under Non Plug and Play drivers → when you see a driver that belongs to your previous security programs click right → uninstall —> reboot your computer.

When the problem persists make sure there are no auto starts from your previous security programs. Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries and then push F5 to refresh.

Now check all entries to see if there are references to your previous security program. When you find them untick them. After unticking reboot your computer and see what happens.