Update never ends

Hi to all

Sorry if this question/problem has already been solved, but i cannot find a solution.

I have Win 7 Pro with SP1.
Comodo Internet Security Premium (i have 5.3.174622.1216 version with VSD version 10374) told me that updates are available - i accepted request for update - comodo started to download and - that’s all!
A day later - the same file is downloading (saying “Downloading guard32.dll file”), my traffic monitor says - no traffic…

I even, reinstalled comodo, but no help :frowning:

anyone?

I’m having the same problem. Today I installed CIS Premium (version is 5.6.something) and had trouble downloading the updates, it stops around the 5 - 7% mark.

Before that I was having trouble with the old CIS and the wireless connection which was why I installed the newer version today (after I removed the wireless setup and used ethernet cable for internet access). I even had trouble downloading the newer version of CIS (had to re try several times as it kept hanging).

I’d like to be able to have the updates downloaded when needed. Any advice would be appreciated.

As there was no reply from anyone I decided to remove CIS and reinstall a fresh copy to see if the update would work. Sadly, it didn’t and at end of the update there was an error message saying the update failed and to check the internet connection.

I’m not sure if it’s the internet connection as other updates such as windows and antispyware came through without any problem.

If I can’t find a solution I may remove it completely and use some other security software possibly with comodo firewall installed (as windows xp does not have a very good firewall).

Hmm I had a difficulty using the unistaller tool to remove all Beta traces.

Guard32 would not be removed by any reasonable technique. Deletion appeared to be inhibited by locks from another file which itself was being locked by guard32. Not safe mode nor Killswitch could break through.

Try the forced removal tool in the stickies (run it twice and reboot twice), then renaming GUard32.dll and/or Guard64.dll (if remaining) in all locations, reboot then try installing. Worked for me.

Best wishes

Mouse

I don’t think the CIS Premium that I installed is a beta version. But I’ll try the forced removal tool you say it’s in the stickies - could you please point me to it? Thanks.

Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products