Update Error With COMODO Firewall 10

I just upgraded from version 8 to version 10. After a series of problems I finally seem to have everything running properly except for one thing. After installing the new program I ran the “Update” check to see how it was working. It ran through the checks properly but ended with a red box that said: “The requested operation requires elevation.” What do I need to do to correct this error?

I too had this same error in the same circumstances.

The error referred to a file, recognizer_v10.0.0.6092.dll, which it said required elevation.
This file did not exist in my Windows 10 installation, but I noticed that it did exist in the installation of Comodo firewall 10 on my Windows 7 PC. So I copied that file onto my Windows 10 PC at
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\recognizers\proto_v9\recognizer_v10.0.0.6092.dll

I reran the Comodo update, and this time it failed due to another file, cmdscope.xml, which it said required elevation.
This file also did not exist in my Windows 10 installation, but as before I found it on Windows 7 and copied it to
C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\recognizers\proto_v9\cmdscope.xml

I reran the Comodo update again, and this time it succeeded without any errors.

I’ve no idea why the Windows 10 installation was missing these 2 files.

I had the same issue on Windows 7 x64, after comodo v8 upgrade.
For those who do not own another PC with comodor an old windows 7 installation here is the solution that did the trick for me:

I’ve found that dll in
c:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\recognizer.dll
had the same build version that update process wanted, so I simply renamed it and put into
c:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\recognizers\proto_v9\recognizer_v10.0.0.6092.dll

then I managed to find cmscope.xml into
c:\ProgramData\COMODO\Cis\Quarantine\Temp\TempFiles\recognizers\proto_v9\Comodo\Cis\Recognizers\proto_v9
Apparently comodo quarantined itself.

Strange behaviour that should be fixed.