Update Error 106 = Busy Server [Mega Merge!]

when install comodo personal firewall i get an error code 106 saying, that it cannot install comodo launch pad. when i press ok another erroe comes up (003 this time) saying its going to rollback the installtion and that i did not have privelages to install.

cany one help

G’day and welcome to the forums.

It sounds like the account you are using doesn’t have sufficient priveleges to install the software. Can you please answer the following questions, and we’ll see what we can do.

What operating system are you using?

Are you currently logged in as an administrator?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I have same problem, i have WIN XP Prof SP2 and user is administrator

Hi,

For this kind of problem, I think it is best that you send an e-mail to Comodo support team. These are the very technical part to problem and I doubt we users would be able to solve them (I may be wrong though).

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

I have the same problem too.
Windows XP Prof SP2, Administrator user

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5407/error106zr7.png

¿Error 106: Could not complete update process?.

Greetings

Greetings,

Reinstall the latest version here - Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year

Thanks,
rki.

Hello, tapeworm already installed 2.3.5.62 version, I have desinstalado it and I have installed it and continuous with he himself error (106) thanks.
Greetings

I am trying not to use Internet Explorer, so I have had to disable it the best way I know how. When I check to update Comodo, I get the following error message:

“Error:106, could not complete update process.”

Is there a way to check updates and update Comodo using Firefox?

I think it needs IE’s settings to connect. So don’t disable IE. Why do you want to disable IE might i ask? Just use FF, and IE7 to update Windows (talk to microsoft lol).

I have had too many problems with IE. Some programs lock up because they are trying to access IE. When I disable IE, those programs load like butter.

When I use Firefox, Opera, K-meleon, etc… name it, it doesn’t matter what other browser I use I get pages to load and everything works fine.

On Jan 1, I got infected with a virus. This has led me to test out firewalls. I have virus scanned the computer with AVG and did online scans, Hijack This reports with support, etc… all I could think of to clean the computer, then WHAMO, the second I let IE run enabled, the virus returned.

This time, I didn’t do anything except go to C drive, delete 2 .exe files that were created, and since I didn’t use IE, the temp folder only held files for the past 2 minutes. This held 2 addresses where another .exe file was downloaded from.

I searched the internet, and someone posted the exact same thing in another forum. So, I am seriously looking for ways to avoid IE all together.

Another person online has had the same problem, but she uses ME and we had to find out how to disable the restore feature in ME. She opted to delete the folder, which has now produced a quick “error” message when she starts up ME.

Is that enough reason to give MS the bird and look elsewhere?

Those situations make us wonder… Ubuntu, SUSE, free BSD, are they hard?.. lol

Well, let’s see if i get your situation: you have IE set as default? Just say no! Set Opera as default, or Firefox (there are no other options that i know of).
Why should anything go wrong? “Some programs lock up because they are trying to access IE” - in what way do they do that, and which programs?

There could be ways to disable IE, but it’ll be asking for trouble, and you’ll need it when you don’t expect.

I have had very few problems when I disable IE. One of those few problems is getting Comodo to update, or at least check to see if it needs to be updated.

In AVG for example, I don’t need to worry about IE. It has been able to update each time I selected it to update regardless which browser was set as default, and it also updates when I have IE disabled.

So, the technology is there to work around IE.

On Jan 1, I got infected with a virus. This has led me to test out firewalls. I have virus scanned the computer with AVG and did online scans, Hijack This reports with support, etc... all I could think of to clean the computer, then WHAMO, the second I let IE run enabled, the virus returned.

I had this virus Before. Everytime I ran IE, I got a virus i just removed with AVG. Whats going on is AVG isn’t getting rid of all the virus. A part of it is on your PC and waiting for you to launch IE. Try doing a virus scan with system restore off. I had to reformat my PC.

HA! Your problem is that you can’t clean the infection properly. I thought i lost my mind. Try Avira Antivir or Avast!. Their much better than AVG at the moment, IMHO.

That’s not IE’s fault, well not directly, :-X… , your computer is infected. Don’t go for online scans, although they could help. Avira or Avast! (or Prevx1 for that matter, a superb product, but comercial, i don’t want to go there; try these AVs first)

If they won’t do the trick, a format would be good, or posting a HijackThis log at an appropriate forum, like CastleCops.

OK,

Listen to me clearly:

1. I KNOW HOW TO “FIX” THE PROBLEM.

2. IGNORE 1

3. I WANT A PERMANENT “FIX”, I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH REMOVING THESE VIRUSES.

I AM NOT GOING TO REFORMAT. MY COMPUTER IS WORKING FINE WITHOUT IE.

IF COMODO WANTS ME, THEY WILL ALTER THEIR PROGRAM TO UPDATE AROUND IE, OR I WILL MOVE ON.

CAPICE?

No need for capital letters. A simple “the virus issue was solved” would do the trick.
I capice.
What you want is to ask that feature, Comodo not depending on IE for update. There are threads for that. If there is a workaround like you asked in no.1 i don’t know.

No need for obfuscating this issue. A simple “Comodo depends on IE” would do the trick.

Now we know what needs to be changed.

That was in my first reply:

Im not “picking a fight”, note, just don’t use capital letters, i read fine. Please ask that feature, i too would like that. Maybe it was already made, but ask it anyway.

My “stone age” approach is simply not using IE, except for updates. It just sits there. If it gets compromised, it’s because i downloaded something i shouldn’t.

I heard the new comodo firewall pro was available so i ran an update. i kept getting error 106 so i uninstalled the comodo firewall and then downloaded comodo firewall pro from filehippo.com. i installed it and ran an update but kept getting error 106. Help please.