Update does not work on CFW version 6.0.260739.2674 [~] [v6]

When I run the update program from the main UI screen the process completes with the following message.
“X Check for program updates Error”. The banner at top of window has large red X and message “Status: The server threw an exception”.

I did a complete uninstall with REVO and installed version CFW 6.0.2607.260939.2674. I am running Windows XP. I have Avast 7.0.1474 antivirus.

I am looking for a way to resolve this problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Does the problem still happen with you? It is working here.

The problem continues… I checked the log and it has this message “Error: 0x80010105 - The server threw an exception.” This problem has been with me thru the version 6 beta versions.

We would be very grateful if you would make a report in standard format, as this will help us to work out what the problem is and help you or fix it. The format is here

Did you try temporarily disabling Avast or the web shield of Avast.

I have disabled all Avast shield controls including Web shield and same problem appears on the update screen and log file. Avast does not let me terminate the entire process. I tried using Process Explorer but it would not kill the process. If you know of a way to terminate Avast without an uninstall I would be willing to try. I also saw this problem on the CFW version 6 beta using Norton 2012 and 2013 Antivirus (did not like 2013 so switched to Avast). The same messages were reported. I will make the report in standard format after work :-.

Thanks very much for your issue report. We have moved it to the non-format bugs board for the moment, because too much of the information we normally need to replicate a problem and fix it is missing, or it is not in the format we request.

We realize some people may not have the time to do bug report in standard format, and therefore offer the option of a non-format report instead. But the problem is much more likely to be fixed promptly if you edit your first post to create an issue report which meets all criteria in the Checklist and Format. (You can copy and paste the format from this topic). The general reasons why are summarized in that post, the reasons we ask for specific pieces of information are given in this detailed post.

You can get your report moved to the format verified issues board simply by ensuring that it is correctly formatted and all criteria are met, and PM’ing a mod who is active on the bug board.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments, so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you. PM sent.

There is a similar bug to this marked as fixed. Also, as I am not seeing any other users with this problem anymore, I will assume that it is fixed and move this post to Resolved.

Please send me a PM if you are still experiencing this problem.

Thank you.

I have just loaded the newest stable version. The update checker runs and says that there is a update. I click to download. Screen indicates download complete. It then indicates install in progress and screen closes after timer. It never installs and I can not click view log. If I run again the same process repeats.

I apologize then. It appears the bug is not fixed.

I’ll move this back to the bug reporting board.

In order for me to forward this to the devs, which is likely the only way this will get fixed, please use the format provided in this post so it is in the correct format. Please let me know if you have any questions about how to use the format.

Also, please try reinstalling an older version of CIS by following the advice I give in this topic. Older versions of CIS can be downloaded from FileHippo. Reinstalling an older version by following my advice, seeing if the update works, and if not creating a report in the correct format, will allow us to narrow down what causes this, which will allow the devs to fix it.

Thanks you and let me know if you have any questions at all.

PM sent.

As there has not been a response to my PM’s in the last 4 days I will move this to the Non-Format section of the forum.

However, do be aware that reports in that section are rarely looked at by the devs. Thus, in order to get this bug fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format. Send me a PM when you have done this, or if you have any questions. I’m very willing to help and would really like to see this bug fixed. However, for that we really need a formatted report.

Also, as a possible quick fix, please try reinstalling CIS by following the methods I suggest in this post and see if that solves the problem.

Thank you.

I replied on June 29 and you responded! Remeber this–

Edit: I have removed your quote of my PM. Although there was nothing wrong with the exchange, publicly sharing someone else's PM is against the forum policy.

My apologies. I have been answering so many bug reports lately that I am forgetting which was which. I apologize for my forgetfulness.

I will wait for your formatted bug report. No worries.

For the time being I will move this back to the non-format section of the forum. I realize I said I would wait, but as it has been so long I will move this back to that section of the forum.

Please let me know once you’ve been able to ensure that reinstalling it by following those methods does not solve the problem. Also, edit your post so that it is in the correct format. As soon as you have done this I can forward this to the devs.

I understand that you are likely still on vacation, and I do not mean any offense by moving it to that section of the forum, but I must do this in order to keep track of the posts. I hope you understand.

Thank you.

Just got back. I tried the newest version after doing a registry clean and update now works.
Been a long time trying. Glad the see this great product working again.

Okay, I’m very happy to hear that. In that case I’ll move this to Resolved.

Be sure to send me a PM if the problem returns.