Update Check Interval

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

How often does CIS check for database updates? I often have to manually click to update, because a new database has been released, and CIS hasn’t updated yet.

Also, will it check more often once 30 minute updates have started?

I’ve seen mine update twice in one day. Once in the morning, and once again later at night. I’ve only seen that once, but it could have happened other times when I was away from my machine.

I would assume it will start checking more often when the 30 minute updates have started, otherwise what’s the point?

Don’t shoot me, but isn’t Comodo looking for updates every 8 hours ? I can be wrong …

Xan

Aw man, I like shooting mods.

But anyway, since Melih said soon he wanted to have updates about every 30 minutes, I guess CIS will be checking about every 30 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aw man, I like shooting mods.
Do you have any game for that or are you the reason why so many mods left >:-D

Xan

Eh? Me? What “mods”? Who are “mods”? What does “reason” mean?

Well…maybe they were tired of me. That is my ammo: annoyment (and cheesy jokes). :-La

Thanks for all the responses, guys, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Oh, and Jeremy? Stay away from guns, yeah? ;D

Xan, stay away from Jeremy when he has guns. :wink:

To be honest though, there’s still quite a few mods here, so I’ve come to to the conclusion that Jeremy has really bad aim! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

Bad aim? >:(

You haven’t been here long enough to see how many have left. :stuck_out_tongue: Things always happen to me…ie me becoming a mod for a hour or two.

Only a joke, no need to get touchy :wink:

I may not have been here as long as you, but I know of several ex-mods who now inhabit Wilders. :slight_smile:

Cough…maybe we should move away from this “touchy” subject. 88)

And have you seen this post by Melih? https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/cis_vs_avast-t32997.0.html;msg257732#msg257732

EDIT: my spelling is getting worse, not better. >:(

Maybe we should :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, that sounds sweet! Can’t wait ;D

Again, thanks to all you guys for responding :slight_smile:

I think there should be an option to configure the update interval, as well as
making it possible to disable auto updates altogether.

Some people (including me) might not want CIS to check for updates
every 30 minutes or so (!)

Sp please … make it configurable and switch-off-able :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, then please post it in the wishlist :slight_smile:

Xan

… done :a0