Update advised even if not using CAV?...Why?

Hi…

In the major thread about the CIS update, it is advised that we download/update, even if we are not using the CAV, even though the changelog (first post) shows that nothing outside the CAV is actually changed.

I don’t use CAV. Why are you advising us to download the update (Firewall/Defense+) if the only changes are in the CAV?

Ian.

developers may fix/enhance things which they do not publish in release notes.
to be more precise there can be numerous fixes which don’t go into release notes.

as for CF/CIS releases: IIRC during at least one upgrade a bug which i was aware of was fixed, but no sign it was fixed in release notes…

If you look at the files inside the CIS folder after updating through the built in update function, you will see that all the main files have the new version number, so it is probably not only the AV modules that have been updated. The last update did not change the version numbers on all of the files.

Hi…

Well, thanks, guys, but what I mean is: shouldn’t we be informed of which files are / aren’t updated and why?

I can see that some coding changes may be too complex for the average user to comprehend, but if some of the Firewall / Defense+ files are updated, then they’re likely to have been upgraded and that would be best shown/described in the changelog - unless I’m missing something, again.

Ian.

Hi,

I guess it’s simply not possible for the developers to put everything in the changelog even the smallest GUI change.

best regards
eXPerience

This one has nothing to do with the AV and seems important enough for the greater good:

FIXED! Some windows updates can not be installed while CIS is installed
.....doesn't it? 88)

eXPerience…

Thanks for your clarification of a good point, well and courteously made.

Ian.

There is also an other important reason to upgrade, if you stay behind and start reporting bugs, it could be possible they are fixed yet not noted in the release notes for the newer version so that will also be confusing.

That’s why you are always “forced” to upgrade to the latest version before the will take your complaint on a lot of support teams for suppliers like Cisco/Avaya etc etc…

Normally and especially for Security software you should always upgrade, after all they did not release a new version for the fun of releasing :wink: so to speak.

sorry for !ot!

…but that seems very funny to me:

(:CLP)

Hi…

My original point stands. If there is a reason why an upgrade of CIS should be taken, for those not using the CAV, we should be given the details of what has changed and why, if it is believed that we may understand those details.

As for the general amusement that folk appear to be deriving from my thread, well…I am grateful to those who answered with respect and courtesy. To those else (in the “Comodo Boyz Cozy Chuckles Klub”), well…the attitudes in their replies betray more than enough about how this forum has begun to treat Members.

Ian.

it’s too bad i offended your noble soul;

call me like you said when you face me in real life; otherwise i consider you as average internet blabbermouth.

if you have something to say to me use PM.

Will you please desist.

Your posts are coming very close to breaking the Forum Policy

Any futher posts of this nature may result in a ban or other action.

Thank You
Dennis

Hi…

When I’m attacked or mocked, I respond in like kind.

However…my point has been made, I think. :slight_smile:

Once more, to those who responded in a courteous manner, my thanks go to you.

Ian.

SSJ100…

Thanks for that. :slight_smile:

There is actually no such thing as perfect grammar, mostly because of the fact that the English language is Netted across many different learning backgrounds and is like an organism, constantly developing and evolving. So, just as one part of the world’s English grammar gets close to perfect, that same component of the language is changed, elsewhere, and the whole cycle starts all over again.

I’m always enthusiastic about learning something new, so let me know where my grammar was lacking. Use ■■■, or posts…whatever you prefer.

Learning is a lot of fun! (I learn mostly from Europeans and from Americans!) :slight_smile:

Ian.

Problem solved mate. Moderators deleted your post, which I found to be very rude. I’m surprised your post wasn’t deleted earlier.

Back on topic, just update your Comodo mate. You don’t want to be behind now right?

Posts were not deleted; we’re not in the habit of doing that.

They have been moved to the Forum Policy Violation Board along with explanatory posts by the Moderator who took the action.

It’s easy for feelings to get hurt and feathers ruffled by off-hand comments in forums; we just ask that everyone keep in mind that we’re dealing with a world-spanning forum, with multitudes of users for whom English is not their mother tongue. What may seem insulting or degrading may not have been intended that way.

A technical tongue-lashing or loquacious lambasting is not acceptable in any event. If there’s an issue, please PM an available Moderator and request help. That’s part of why we’re here.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

LM

SSJ100…

No grammar errors, then - that’s what I thought! :slight_smile:

Ian.