Unusual Behaviour - CIS turning off / back on

Every few hours I will receive a notice from Windows Action Center that I have no Antivirus or Firewall enabled. It’s a bubble message coming from the taskbar. This message appears for roughly one second, and then disappears instantly. If I manually disable COMODO, this message appears for about 10 seconds, and gradually fades away.

My computer is behaving like COMODO is being manually disabled for one or two seconds, then re-enabled again. This happens several times per day. There is no other abnormal behaviour. COMODO is always responsive and I haven’t seen any crash/exception/fault messages in ages. Scheduled scans, firewall, defense+ all appear to be working normally.

Tin-foil hat time?

My guess is that this is likely an issue with the Windows Action Center, and not CIS. However, I am not sure how to fix that problem, assuming it is with Windows, or how to rule out CIS entirely. Therefore, I will move this to the HELP section of the forum.

If you find that nobody else is able to help solve this, or if it does turn out to be a bug, please let me know. In that case I could then move it back and continue processing it as a bug.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Is there a way to ascertain whether CIS is really being turned off or Windows Action Centre is just spazzing? I checked the log files, but it doesn’t give start/stop log entries.