Unsolved Upgrade Nightmare

Hi,

I was one of the users who also had an older version of CIS that could no longer connect to update the virus database… in here I read that I needed to download the latest installer which I did… I then uninstalled the version on my PC and restarted it…

The new installer says that CIS is already installed and quits… I also have lost all network & internet access… along with damage to a flash & usb hard drive that both no longer mount on any computer…

No amount of network software installs have been able to work…

Any suggestions please?

Desperate John

Try this clean up tool. Does that do the trick?

Yes, it got me the network and internet access back…

Unfortunately the two drives are still damaged…

Thanks…

Glad the tool got your internet back up and running.

What exactly is the problem with the USB drive and stick? They don’t show up in Explorer? Do they show up in Disk Management Control panel → Administrative Tools → Computer Management)?

Thanks for replying & sorry for the delay…

The large USB drive won’t mount but in the Admin tools it says its working properly…

The flash drive is mounted but says its not initialized when I select it…

I need something that can scan and repair drives so they mount…

Know of anything?

When you say mount do you mean accessing them with Explorer or with another program?

Can you post a screenshot of the D+ logs? They can be found under Defense + -->Common Tasks → View Defense + Events.

The USB drive does not show up in Explorer or anywhere else… no application can get access to it…

I’m guess the log file youre asking about is in CIS but I haven’t reinstalled the newer version of it yet because I want to solve the USB problem first and don’t want the CIS to keep popping up and asking what I want to do when I launch an app etc…

Also with the previous version of CIS it kept blocking a lot of processes like Bluetooth when I did all I could to allow them to work in the CIS settings…

Cheers…

When there is no valuable information on the USB stick easiest is to reformat it with the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. This tool supports USB sticks from brands other than HP its self.

On the USB drive there is more than likely valuable information you want to retrieve. I will ask the other mods to help.

Hi & thanks again…

On both the flash disk and usb drive I have files on them…

I’ve used a demo shareware app that could scan them and tell me that everything is still on both… I just don’t have the disk space available to retrieve all of it…

There are apps that can repair the drives but I cannot recall or find any in particular… can only find apps that require another location to copy your info to and then reformat the drives…